SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB/advice - "thinline" electro-acoustic for sofa/garden etc

What's Hot
pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
edited May 2017 in Guitars £
Worth a post before I start looking at new options.

I refuse to struggle with my dreadnought any more (it's like trying to play a packing case) so am up for an easy to play electro-acoustic to complement my electric. It needs to be small comfy and easy to play, for random picking and practice and the odd Garageband recording, with feet up on the sofa or in the garden. It needs to sound tolerable unplugged and with light strings, but comfort and reach-for-it-ability comes first.

It'll get used in the garden, chucked in back of car, strummed by kids etc so there's no point spending a grand on an item of gorgeousness.

New I've been looking anywhere from the gear4music GSO's that start at £85 (opinions on those anyone?) through to an Ibanez AEG II at the top end (£380ish).

Anyone got opinions on what to look at, or something they want to move on? I'm in Surrey.

Thx.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    You could maybe get a used Taylor GS Mini at the top end of your budget - great guitars mini or otherwise, they are 23.5" scale so low string tension
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7795
    GS mini, I write most of my songs on mine and record most of my demos with it. Comes with a nice bag and very portable for holidays etc but sounds way better than the smaller martins.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2791
    Kramer Ferrington - does exactly that for me (except it doesn't go in the car or kids etc)

actually, since I bought the iRig acoustic stage thingy I might start gigging it, as it sounds really quite good when you blend the onboard piezo with the mic
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9856
    edited May 2017
    I once had a Fender telecoustic which sounded and played adequately
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7795
    I once had a Fender telecoustic which sounded and played adequately

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    lol. thx for the suggestions folks, all worth looking at.