Is this awful, or awesome?

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
I honestly can't tell any more.

My gut feeling is "awesome" - seems like Chickenfoot 20 years early, and with (slightly) better lyrics. I seem to remember listening to it quite a bit back when it came out, but that could just be senility.

Either way, I'm enjoying the hell out of this album. I just wish the production was ballsier.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Never heard of them before, but it sounds good, like a mix of Extreme and Badlands.  
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5858
    Crikey, I'd forgotten all about "Look But Don't Touch". It was very much a staple track up here in the rock clubs at the time.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    Never heard of them before, but it sounds good, like a mix of Extreme and Badlands.  
    Yep, I'm hearing Extreme, Poison, Van Halen and even a bit of Winger. I'm also on my second run through.
    <space for hire>
    Crikey, I'd forgotten all about "Look But Don't Touch". It was very much a staple track up here in the rock clubs at the time.
    That's the amazing thing - quite a few of those tracks are instantly recognisable...even the wife came in and said "Hang on, who's that? I remember that from years ago!". I'd bet that very few could name the band or the songs, though.
    <space for hire>
    Yep, I'm hearing Extreme, Poison, Van Halen and even a bit of Winger. I'm also on my second run through.
    I'm enjoying this, but the lyrics are kinda bad.  Just listening to Colourblind - Extreme have a song called Color Me Blind, I'm definitely getting a very strong Extreme influence here.  
    I'm enjoying this, but the lyrics are kinda bad.  Just listening to Colourblind - Extreme have a song called Color Me Blind, I'm definitely getting a very strong Extreme influence here.  
    Totally get it. I think the reason I like it so much is that it's like listening to all my favourite 80s/90s bands all at the same time; originality be damned :D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    In answer to your question I think it's both :)
    You're most probably right :D

Also, there's a fun game here - listen to Colourblind and then Hole Hearted by Extreme, and play Spot The Difference.
    <space for hire>
  • listen to Colourblind and then Hole Hearted by Extreme.
    If i did that, i would need to shower again.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928

Also, there's a fun game here - listen to Colourblind and then Hole Hearted by Extreme, and play Spot The Difference.
    I saw Extreme in the 90s, supporting Bryan Adams at Wembley. The sound was awful.
    listen to Colourblind and then Hole Hearted by Extreme.
    If i did that, i would need to shower again.
    I've banned people for less than that.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    Definitely awesome for me. How come I've never heard of this? I just tracked down and purchased the album on Amazon.
    Thanks for posting.
    It's not a competition.
    prowla said:

I saw Extreme in the 90s, supporting Bryan Adams at Wembley. The sound was awful.
    Yeah, Bryan Adams is a bit shit.  At least you got to experience Extreme.  
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited May 2017
    I remember "Look But Don't Touch". Very silly, but great fun. "Money" sounds familiar too- I think there were a few rock bands around that time doing similar "what's wrong with the world?" songs though (Aerosmith's "Livin' On The Edge" for one) though, so maybe it's just derivative.

Exactly the wrong sort of rock band to have come along in 1993 though. Even as a fairly un-discerning teenage rock fan, I remember them sounding dated in a world of grunge, the first stirrings of Britpop and post-Black Album Metallica.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.