That Manifesto is finally out

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    I wouldn't class Diane Abbott as any better/worse than any number of the current government's cabinet ministers.  Take Boris Johnson, for instance.  This is a person who wrote a piece for a national newspaper describing Africans as "picaninnies" with "big watermelon smiles".

You don't even have to imagine that one, either.  He actually is our Foreign Secretary.
    Yay, and right on cue, some light relief...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/boris-johnson-reprimanded-talking-alcohol-sikh-temple/

...and this is why the election campaign has been all about "Theresa May's Team" (small font, bottom of the page, "Conservatives"), whilst studiously keeping her "Team" as far away from the media as humanly possible.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    73% Labour
    71% Plaid Cymru
    67% Lib Dem/Green
    46% Con

I'm kind of torn really, Labour was second to the conservatives in this constituency by 6,000 votes. I don't trust the leadership, but do I put that aside to make my vote count? 
    My V key is broken
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Boris is a very funny man 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I wouldn't class Diane Abbott as any better/worse than any number of the current government's cabinet ministers.  Take Boris Johnson, for instance.  This is a person who wrote a piece for a national newspaper describing Africans as "picaninnies" with "big watermelon smiles".

You don't even have to imagine that one, either.  He actually is our Foreign Secretary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/boris-johnson-reprimanded-talking-alcohol-sikh-temple/

...and this is why the election campaign has been all about "Theresa May's Team" (small font, bottom of the page, "Conservatives"), whilst studiously keeping her "Team" as far away from the media as humanly possible.
    What? A woman who has an alcoholic in her family was upset over remarks about alcohol. The Sikhs I know drink. The article contradicts itself .. was everyone upset or not? He should perhaps have spoken about something else, but it's far removed from Abbott and her lack of maths skills.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Fretwired said:

What? A woman who has an alcoholic in her family was upset over remarks about alcohol. The Sikhs I know drink. The article contradicts itself .. was everyone upset or not? He should perhaps have spoken about something else, but it's far removed from Abbott and her lack of maths skills.
    Dude, he's a gaffe magnet!  No sense trying to defend him, it's in his DNA!

You surely have to admit though that, for the most part, the Brexiteers (Johnson, Gove, Fox, Leadsom) are being kept on a pretty tight leash in the run up to the election.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Well I did that 'I Side With' test, and filled it out very thoroughly. I got this:

65% UKIP
    61% Conservative
    60% Labour
    60% Liberal Democrats
    52% Greens

... not much in it apparently!!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:

Boris sounds over qualified to me.

Abbott is an arse ....

She got booed at the police federation conference and then flounced off the stage, but went in the wrong direction and got lost.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/diane-abbott-heckled-police-officers-10435520

I wouldn't bet against Amber Rudd getting similar treatment when she gives her speech to them this afternoon.  
    Amber Rudd deserves everything she gets ... as you say she'll get a rough ride given the cuts.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Amber Rudd would really enjoy a rough ride from 500 policemen
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4th said:
    The Labour Manifesto is a pipe dream 

Gosh, I didn't realise you thought that! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm 66% Lib Dem, 65% Labour, 64% Green, 49% Conservative and 44% UKIP. 

So, in conclusion, I learned nothing from that website :P I think, ideally, I'd vote Green or Labour. I'm pretty up for environmental policy especially. 

Also, they have some batshit crazy ideas. But they'd never get through anyway so that's fine. 

So, overall, I suppose I'm a left leaning centrist.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited May 2017
    'Spiteful thickos'?????

For wanting an NHS?
    For wanting adequate housing for all?
    For wanting to abolish zero hours contracts? 
    For wanting big businesses to pay for their financial mistakes? (Or even to pay their taxes!)
    For wanting a fairer society? 

I must be a spiteful thicko then!

Funny thing is, I thought the spiteful sections of our society were those who couid happily benefit from the inequality fuelled by the Tories?

It also seems strange to accuse people of being stupid in a society where your education is very dependant on your wealth (thinking house prices in catchment areas of good schools here). Do you mean that we are stupid for being poor?

Perhaps this is the reason I LOVE the new Harry Styles album? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39969306

Now we know the price of the glowing coverage that May has paid. And of course the constant stream of bullshit about Corbyn.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Now that is spiteful!!!

As if the Tories don't already control the media! Wait for the stories about Corbyn now! 

And out of interest, when people spout the crap about Corbyn 'not being a leader', are they basing it on evidence or just media propaganda? 

I'm off to Canada - its full of spiteful thickos like me! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268

Now we know the price of the glowing coverage that May has paid. And of course the constant stream of bullshit about Corbyn.
    Section 40 was ridiculous. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited May 2017
    Garthy said:

Section 40 was ridiculous. 
    The key part of it was belonging to a regulator nullified it. In other words, sign up to a code of conduct OR pay court costs. 

I see nothing wrong with that. 

This is the most important article the bbc have written this election cycle, and it's buried on the arts pages

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    'This is the most important article the bbc have written this election cycle, and it's buried on the arts pages'

How can the BBC even justify this? The fucking arts pages! Where is the connection? 

robwright said:
    Now that is spiteful!!!

As if the Tories don't already control the media! Wait for the stories about Corbyn now! 

And out of interest, when people spout the crap about Corbyn 'not being a leader', are they basing it on evidence or just media propaganda? 

I'm off to Canada - its full of spiteful thickos like me! 
    You only have to listen to Corbyn in PMQs and within 5 minutes you realise the man is a complete purple helmet.

We are talking about the election of s prime minister here not the election of someone to be chairman of the working men's model railway society.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    let's lighten the mood:

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    You only have to listen to Corbyn in PMQs and within 5 minutes you realise the man is a complete purple helmet.

Which is four minutes and 47 seconds longer than it takes for someone to come to the same conclusion about you. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22172
    robwright said:
    'This is the most important article the bbc have written this election cycle, and it's buried on the arts pages'

How can the BBC even justify this? The fucking arts pages! Where is the connection? 
    @robwright It's quite a soft article compared to the Grauniad piece earlier in the week that I think you might find interesting. 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/14/is-paul-dacre-most-dangerous-man-in-britain-daily-mail

Clickbait title but the details inside take it well above clickbait level.