SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst, 50's neck, Lovely!)

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1470
edited June 2017 in Guitars £

Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded 50's neck With photek-Corsa mods I think these 2011 models are referred to as Traditional Fadeds but Gibson listed them as Standards and have the same spec as the standards of the time.

This really is a superb guitar, loads of dynamics with an airy sound to it, not just a grunty mid choked Les Paul (although it can sort of do that as well).

50's neck profile, traditional weight relief so not chambered. It is still a light LP though at around 8.5lbs but will confirm later. Great condition and set up superbly with a low action on 10's. Frets are in great condition and the fretboard is nice and dark. 
Finished in Honeyburst with an interesting plain top.

Faber aged Lightweight tailpiece
Faber aged studs
Faber aged locking ABR-1
Streethawk Aged knobs and pointers
Gibson Historic Pickup Rings
Burny VH-1 Pickups which are superb PAF type pickups reading 8.1k Bridge 7.9k Neck and have naturally aged over the years (I am more than happy to keep these but more about that later!).

Guitar comes with its original white lined Hard Case which is in very good condition.

I am after £1400 as it stands but will consider reducing the price if I can keep the pickups and / or the aged stuff (I have the original hardware and knobs that I can put back on it but not the original pickups). PM me if you are interested in sorting something like that out.

Only pic I have at work but have plenty at home to upload later.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/B5E22573-0968-4979-9779-5C7DFC5E5B1D_zpsum9rymwh.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/17365E3E-B14F-43D8-B239-B01BE32D72DD_zpscdqkviw6.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/26EEF239-4A47-430D-A56C-12B5CF19ABD6_zpshocfajsh.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/CD873ABC-EE01-40D1-AC84-CECC76E3A1FB_zpsrhl2pltg.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/6231784E-69C1-4029-AAD9-6C759630E9DB_zpsfzhwoxkw.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/96F8601C-0ED2-4B7A-8EA3-D6838FEEBCA9_zpscmuhrwtd.jpg

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Ooh, nice.  Mine of the same vintage is head and shoulders my favourite guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    I am fully erect.

Skint mind you :(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Loving that. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1470
    bodhi said:
    Ooh, nice.  Mine of the same vintage is head and shoulders my favourite guitar.
    Did you get yours from this forum chap, I have had a few of these over the years. With a few upgraded parts they are real contenders, there really isn't much between this and my R8 apart from the fatter neck on the 8.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No, I got mine from some chap who fancied himself to be a collector of sorts.  He had two or three of these and sold them on Ebay.  That was maybe in 2012-ish.

I agree - with the right upgrades these can be real gems.  The stock pickups and hardware don't do them any favours, though.  But if you're into tinkering with upgrades, they make a great platform.

I totally love mine.  It never gives me that weird sense of fatigue like I get with playing other guitars for too long.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    That's a cracker, have a bump :)
  • Hi photek

Just PM'd.

Cheers!
    Bump, this was on hold for a trade with dallcorp on this forum but I need to sell it rather than trade it unfortunately. I will PM those that were interested initially now.
    Close offers accepted folks.
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    Any other pics?
    edited June 2017
    llew said:
    Any other pics?
    I have added a few more chap, trying to catch what the grain looks like is tricky but the top is quite pretty for a plainy.

The colour in the flesh is closer to the first picture, sort of honey and lemon, probably quite good if you have a cold?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks photek
    I agree with photek - I have one of these not many serial numbers away from this one, and they actually look quite lemon burst.

Lovely guitars.
    What are the pickups like photek? Do they clean up very well with the volume knob rolled back? 
    llew said:
    What are the pickups like photek? Do they clean up very well with the volume knob rolled back? 
    They are PAF type pups. I prefer them to the OX4's that I put in it originally, they suit the guitar as it sounds a bit more open than a standard, I am guessing that is due to the thinner finish.

Clean up is very good indeed, stays bright right down to 2 on the volume control.
    Great cheers mate