Something really irking me in classifieds here and elsewhere.

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Has Helix got a built in model for a pedal that sucks all the VAT out of your guitar and throws it back out as grunt? 

Yep. It's called the Commie Corbyn

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Has Helix got a built in model for a pedal that sucks all the VAT out of your guitar and throws it back out as grunt? 

I thought that pedal only sucked extra tax out of really rich pickups, and attempted to nationalise your Marshall amp?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited May 2017

I thought that pedal only sucked extra tax out of really rich pickups, and attempted to nationalise your Marshall amp?
    It's better than the May model... That just ignores the notes you play and regurgitates the same two power chords over and over again. Plus it restricts your audience to only 14 people. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • It's better than the May model... it restricts your audience to only 14 people. 
    Dude... that would be double the audience my band normally gets. Where can I order a May model?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Seller sets the price, buyer decides if they want it at that price or not.

End.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom

It's better than the May model... That just ignores the notes you play and regurgitates the same two power chords over and over again. Plus it restricts your audience to only 14 people. 
    I got a Farron Patroniser pedal recently.

Turns out you play a note - it considers if it's a sin or not, and then plays a different note that's more suitable for a liberal audience.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    edited May 2017
    Perhaps now we can put our prices up by 40% and do a special 20% VAT discount for Gassage and a 40% discount for everyone else. Wins all round!...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Must have VERY understanding/forgiving VAT inspectors, when I was freelance I tried an "office" carpet in the spare bedroom and got a wagging finger lecture (over £35 unpaid VAT) :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Not read all the posts but if you want to avoid VAT then become VAT registered. Good luck with that one.

Useful if you have a business that buys stuff. If somebody paid £1000 and you claim vat means they only paid £800 only (simplify numbers) then you try and buy it at £800 but you can't you have to pay VAT. You can of course claim back the VAT if you are VAT registered which means you will fill out vat returns. Remember, the end consumer pays VAT, businesses handle the VAT for the gov. Buying as a business? If VAT registered don't worry claim it back, if not the buck stops with you - you are the consumer. If vat registered you have to charge vat on sales you can't scam this . . . Well you aren't meant to be able to.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3081
    But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise they're giving none away. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

I got a Farron Patroniser pedal recently.

Turns out you play a note - it considers if it's a sin or not, and then plays a different note that's more suitable for a liberal audience.

Then there's the Clegg Echo pedal - the note dies off spectacularly, then returns two years later sounding more pompous and self-certain than before.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I haven't read it all but the 'I just want what I paid for it ' thing puzzles me a bit. I understand that you do, you've had some use of it and if you can sell it on without making a loss you've done well. I don't really know why it's anything to do with me as the potential buyer. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Interesting point about VAT. I too am in the not actually that bothered section though.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Gassage said:
    OK- VAT.

If someone buys something from a shop for £1000, then to sell it at £1000 you are effectively raising the price by 20%.

The amount of times I'm seeing "I paid x and it's brand new, unplayed, bla blah so I want x or x - 10% is legion but it is not a true reflection of the price nor of the price paid.

Am I alone in this?
    Sounds reasonable. 

Do you advertise an Ex/Inc VAT price on your classifieds? 

Assume you must if you purchase them through the business as the resultant funds would have to return to the business no?

;) 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Jalapeno said:
    Must have VERY understanding/forgiving VAT inspectors, when I was freelance I tried an "office" carpet in the spare bedroom and got a wagging finger lecture (over £35 unpaid VAT) :/
    I think they came to blows over it. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12366
    Gassage is a good guy expressing an opinion, no point in filling the thread with posts that basically say the same thing in response. He's got more money than me, good for him, he's made it all himself. It all gets a bit playground round here sometimes.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage is a good guy expressing an opinion, no point in filling the thread with posts that basically say the same thing in response. He's got more money than me, good for him, he's made it all himself. It all gets a bit playground round here sometimes.
    You smell of bum.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12366
    You smell of bum.
    Yes, your mum's, it won't wash off.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    edited May 2017
    Don't forget that if a VAT-registered business buys a piece of equipment for the business not only do they save the VAT but they reduce their corporation tax liability as well, so there's two levels of "savings" involved. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    You smell of bum.

that's naughty words. I'm telling the teacher on you.