SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson ES-335 Joe Bonamassa Signature

WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
edited May 2017 in Guitars £
Ok, so I just bought this the other day on a bit of an impulse, planning to sell my 63 Reissue 335 (still for sale). The next day I get offered a deal on a Collings SoCo, which I've been after for ages. Great timing!

As a result this beautiful Bonamassa 335 is back up for grabs. Super rare, and the best 335 I've ever got my hands on. It's also pretty light, at 7lbs 12oz.

There's a lot of hype around these and I can see why. However, I seem to have incurable GAS and quite possibly a hint of OCD, particularly when it comes to Collings guitars. Doh!

I need to get back what I paid, which was £2250 (cash or PPG). I'm in Bristol and can meet within an hour for a small fuel contribution. I can also pack the guitar very well if the buyer wants to arrange a courier.

Here's the original ad, and I'll do some more pics when I get a chance. Definitely no trades though, sorry. Cheers!

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/38784/sold-gibson-es-335-joe-bonamassa-sig#latest
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrmorrisonmrmorrison Frets: 33
    This has happened to many fretboarders buy one and up pops a serious GAS moment but that does look a great guitar and I am sure it plays great.I expect you are a decent player to buy the Bonamassa.so maybe just play it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
    This has happened to many fretboarders buy one and up pops a serious GAS moment but that does look a great guitar and I am sure it plays great.I expect you are a decent player to buy the Bonamassa.so maybe just play it.
    I'm sure it happens all the time mate. Well it's up here for now. I'll play it in the mean time and see how it goes. I certainly need to sell at least one of my 335s now!
  • mrmorrisonmrmorrison Frets: 33
    Truth is I had a Gibson Bonamassa 335 when they first came out and let it go after 2 days.Totally regretted it but you have to do what you feel is right. .  
    Truth is I had a Gibson Bonamassa 335 when they first came out and let it go after 2 days.Totally regretted it but you have to do what you feel is right. .  
    Yeah, GAS is a curse mate. You could always buy this one though. Instant regret solver ;)
  • challenchallen Frets: 51
    Ooo SoCo! This one didn't last long mate! Thinking of popping over to watch you guys later after my gig, hopefully catch you later.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    damn. this is just what I need!
    challen said:
    Ooo SoCo! This one didn't last long mate! Thinking of popping over to watch you guys later after my gig, hopefully catch you later.
    I know, I think GAS levels have reached critical point. Someone buy this and make the decision for me!!
  • AflfAflf Frets: 24
    Email sent
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Under 8 lb for a full blown 335 is pretty light ! Glws
    stuagu said:
    Under 8 lb for a full blown 335 is pretty light ! Glws
    Yep, I can't fault it really. It might be staying if someone doesn't snap it up soon!!
  • robgrobg Frets: 2
    Hey very interested in this - going to lok through the specs etc.  Not a massive fan of really skinny necks.

Also need to think about safe postage.

Cheers 
    Stopped by for tea and a natter with @WillEdmunds today...this guitar is a stunner!
    Good to meet you mate. Nice guitar playing!
    robg said:
    Hey very interested in this - going to lok through the specs etc.  Not a massive fan of really skinny necks.

Also need to think about safe postage.

Cheers 
    You'll probably like the neck then! It's just a tad slimmer than a '59.