Knife in the back for pensioners..

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    mellowsun said:
    Garthy said:

The tax burden under their plans would already be the highest since WW2 just to support their costed parts of the manifesto, what are they going to do to fund the big nationalisation project? Fuckloads of quantitative easing?
    And yet if we didn't have an NHS now, you can bet that people would be screaming that 'we can't afford it' if Labour were proposing to set it up now.

After WW2 the country was broke, yet the government set up pensions, NHS, nationalised the railways and built housing for all.

Today, we are far richer, but everyone says we can't afford this and that they want to vote for a party (Tory) that will dismantle all this. Why is that?

Money wasn't squandered in the 1940s either. Even taking inflation into account the costs have ballooned for any government project in the last 20 years.  That IT system in 1948's money cost £52m more than the entire NHS cost to set up, and three times more than what the NHS was supposed to cost when it was implemented.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    mellowsun said:

Whatever happens, it's Corbyn's fault.

I can't understand why they are so touchy about this, the election result is a foregone conclusion. They just need to keep quiet and the turkeys will vote for Christmas as ordered by the MSM.
    No it isn't. The Tories were 20 points ahead at the start and now, depending on the poll, are only between 8 and 10 points ahead. According to the Torygraph Corbyn is beginning to break through to voters and at the moment he will win more seats than Miliband did. Labour's core policies are popular.

People are fed up with seeing May .. I know I am. We don't elect a president. The Tories are a shambles at the moment. May should send out Boris for some light relief.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom