Broken wah - Now working

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    If I get a chance when kids go to bed, I'm going to take it out of the case and reflow any of the main joints and see if that offers any fruit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Knowing nothing about guitar effects but a tiny amount about basic electronics I'm going to risk sounding stupid and ask this question. 

Can I short wires out to temporarily turn wah on to see if it works with switch taken out of the equation? If so, umm which ones
    edited May 2017
    Well I went through checking everything and turns out as soon as I switch the wah on the input Jack gets no power, the led comes on but I'm guessing that's just not going via the jack. 

Like I said pedal is 18v, so have tried several pairs of new batteries in it, and still waiting on a 9v to 18v Y cable to arrive. 

With nothing to lose I plugged it in to 9v power supply, and it works, the wah does anyways the fuzz doesn't but I'm guessing that's what I need the other 9v for. Anyway so there's a fault with the battery circuit somewhere not that it matters as it was always going to be run off a power supply. Bargain for the £30 I paid for it anyway.

Cheers for those who tried to help with the little info I could provide