Chrome crashing?

I love Chrome browser. I use it on my phone, tablet and desktop and it just works and seems plenty fast enough. 

On my desktop, it reopens all previous tabs - it's always worked perfectly, even if I had in excess of 20 tabs open (which is pushing things...). 

However, recently it's started crashing a lot - it'll just freeze up while a page is loading and require windows to close it. It then won't start up again until the computer has been restarted. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. All my drivers, BIOS etc are up to date, as checked on the Dell website. It's odd - it's just started up in the last couple of weeks. But it still happens - am I overloading it with too many tabs (typically 10 or so)?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited May 2017
    Recently had same issue with Mozzila. I wanted an Add-on that let you save your TABs to reload another session but was none for my version. After following some threads and trying a few things I lost the bloody lot... But it did run faster for five mins...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Usually a reinstall does the trick (if you have it linked to a Google account you won't have to add all your addons etc either).
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Try force closing the flash player process(es). 
  • hywelg said:
    Try force closing the flash player process(es). 

Okay, I'll see if I can do that. 

Bidley said:
    Chrome is sometimes a bit dodgy for me too (not to the point of crashing though).

Usually a reinstall does the trick (if you have it linked to a Google account you won't have to add all your addons etc either).

Already tried it, twice, but it still happens. Not as much, though. Perhaps. 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm having a similar problem via Android with Chrome; various sites are taking ages to load followed by an error screen.....

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• DominicDominic Frets: 16143
    I got that too ….started 2 days ago ……even re-installed it reverts to freeze/load fail after a short while
  • Weird, still happening. 

I might use edge for a while. 
  • Okay, it seems to have something to do with reloading tabs after a restart. It's not consistent, but it doesn't occur at all after it has happened and you choose not to reopen the tabs (it's not the number of tabs either - I just did it with one tab and it still crashed). 

So I've changed my settings to not remember the tabs. I'll report back in a few days. 

Shame, it's been a realy useful feature for job hunting - I can spend an hour opening loads of jobs that tick boxes then leave it a while to work on cover letters and such, then return a few hours later to compare the jobs.