Harry Styles new album is .....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited May 2017
    octatonic said:
    Bowie's early work was a bit shit: Laughing Gnome anyone?
    Not having that!  Laughing Gnome is probably my favourite Bowie track!!  As a kid I had a compilation tape I played over and over with stuff like that, Monster Mash, The Wombles... it was bloody brilliant.

Other Gnomites are getting Wis'd and I don't care. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Got the album today. On first listen it's pretty good - more varied than I expected, certainly more to it than the hit single, and all with a decent retro influence and production. He can sing, and for however much it means, he's credited as a co-writer on all tracks. Yes, I'm aware that there may be an element of 'creative licence' (pun intended!) there in order to ensure his future income - but if so then it's actually good that he and his 'people' have thought about that, many old-time pop stars went back to being penniless when their fifteen minutes was up.

On the strength of this I think he will be more than a one-album wonder, too. He's not the next Bowie, but he could be fairly successful in the longer term.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited May 2017
    Impressed - really good set of songs with some real vintage feel. Would also be interested to know who he has on the album and if it's songwriters that have been brought in. Certainly not boy band stuff.

Wikipedia page shows the songwriting credits
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Styles_(album)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom