Amazing marketing from the wine world has reached beer land

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    Yes, he said it was watching Maiden so it will be the same occasion.  If it was Bottles it makes me feel slightly better....  I imagine it was still quite warm 

i loved the sales technique.  I think he actually said "great band, shit beer".  But then, this is a bargain shop.  Always surprised I can get Oakham ales and Sadlers stuff in there... so I brave the shop occasionally.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28437

Have you tried that super concentrated stuff where. You squeeze a wee bit into a glass? So you can carry it in your, er, purse...? 

I never understood the term, "tastes chemically" until I tried that. Bleurgh 
    I have not, but I'm intrigued now...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:

Have you tried that super concentrated stuff where. You squeeze a wee bit into a glass? So you can carry it in your, er, purse...? 

I never understood the term, "tastes chemically" until I tried that. Bleurgh 
    I have not, but I'm intrigued now...

I do not recommend it 

I tried an oasis branded one so I'd have something nicer to drink at the hospital than tepid water in the summer, and I went back to tepid water... 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28437
    Ah.

I just have water if I'm at the office. The glasses are nearly a foot thick so no point wasting the subtle aromas and nuanced flavours of Robinsons in those.

;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11937
    Robinson's bitter has been awful every time I ever tried it, strong taste of Isinglass overpowering everything else (well, little else since there is little taste of hops

Robinson's has been a bit of a curse across the north west and the Peak district: buying nice pubs and taking Marstons pedigree and timothy taylors landlord out of the cellar, and just selling their awful bitter instead

• WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    I doubt Marstons are worried about Robinsons.  If they were, they would probably just buy them out.  

They just purchased the Charles Wells brewery this week. Thwaites and Hydes not too long ago too.  

They seem to be picking up the regional brewers at the moment

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    can't beat a pewter tankard or cow horn for a nice rustic ale...

http://vikingdrinkinghorns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/a-drinking-horn-300x200.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My V key is broken
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11937
    WezV said:
    I doubt Marstons are worried about Robinsons.  If they were, they would probably just buy them out.  

They just purchased the Charles Wells brewery this week. Thwaites and Hydes not too long ago too.  

They seem to be picking up the regional brewers at the moment

I'm just moaning about a crap brewer forcing its beer on innocent drinkers
    Hopefully Marstons will buy them out