A dark day .....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited May 2017
    lonestar said:
    I'll be married 9 years in October. My wife plays the piano and I'm happy to let her use my guitar/s. We've never had that sort of conversation about "how many" guitars are allowed in the house. Does this REALLY happen? I know we joke as guys but seriously... it seems a tad weird, doesn't it? 
    Do you know what, I genuinely know plenty of couples where the husband/male partner barely has any life and the wife tuts if they buy anything interesting. It is however fine for the wife to spend significant funds on clothes, shoes, unnecessarily expensive household furniture and personal items but all hell breaks lose if the husband dare come home with a box of Lego or some collectible; let  alone another guitar. It really is a case of what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine. 

The irony is, it then tends to then be the wife who has the affair or leaves. Simply because they have created some placid roll over husband who at some point becomes boring. 

I have seen this in friends, work colleagues and employees. The solution is simple, each partner had their own money and spends it how they like. Essetial household bills sorted first though.

My view and I appreciate others will disagree is only having joint accounts, only having collective spending and having caps on what can be bought is a very archaic and unhealthy relationship foundation these days. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Sync said:
    lonestar said:
    I'll be married 9 years in October. My wife plays the piano and I'm happy to let her use my guitar/s. We've never had that sort of conversation about "how many" guitars are allowed in the house. Does this REALLY happen? I know we joke as guys but seriously... it seems a tad weird, doesn't it? 
    Do you know what, I genuinely know plenty of couples where the husband/male partner barely has any life and the wife tuts if they buy anything interesting. It is however fine for the wife to spend significant funds on clothes, shoes, unnecessarily expensive household furniture and personal items but all hell breaks lose if the husband dare come home with a box of Lego or some collectible; let  alone another guitar. It really is a case of what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine. 

The irony is, it then tends to then be the wife who has the affair or leaves. Simply because they have created some placid roll over husband who at some point becomes boring. 

I have seen this in friends, work colleagues and employees. The solution is simple, each partner had their own money and spends it how they like. Essetial household bills sorted first though.

My view and I appreciate others will disagree is only having joint accounts, only having collective spending and having caps on what can be bought is a very archaic and unhealthy relationship foundation these days. 
    That's genuinely sad but I know that there are couples out there who live like that. We have 3 kids and a mortgage. I earn the money and I pay the mortgage and bills, my wife takes care of the food budget and I'll gladly buy grub too... why wouldn't I?? ;)

Essentially we sort our own finances out. But, when it comes to gigs and trips based around gigs we put the money together and sort out tickets, hotel, spending money etc...

With guitars... I do as I please and since I've started my business there are guitar bodies and necks EVERYWHERE in the house. My wife is use to it now and she also uses the guitars if she wants a play. We're hoping the kids will see us play music and they'll want to as well so in effect we're encouraging them to explore music and sound.. if that makes sense?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    My wife never complains about me buying stuff.  But, just in case that changes, I've been keeping track of how many cat blankets we have:

Number of cats:  3
    Number of cat blankets:  17 (!)
    Number of cats sleeping on a cat blanket:  0
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    bodhi said:
    My wife never complains about me buying stuff.  But, just in case that changes, I've been keeping track of how many cat blankets we have:

Number of cats:  3
    Number of cat blankets:  17 (!)
    Number of cats sleeping on a cat blanket:  0
    In my considerable experience of cats, the one thing that can guarantee they're not going to go near something, let alone use it regularly, is buy it specifically for them.

That's it! You should buy cat guitars!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom