Amazon :(

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204

Tax avoidance ??!!?? Get a  grip - I was self employed for years, and I did it as often as possible ;)
    Exactly! Nowt wrong with avoidance.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    The change to Amazon logistics has been a massive pain for me too. These are all self employed people with cars who deliver when it's convenient to them with no tracking. Often the parcel is battered, and they are so underpaid per item that they literally ring and run to get round quickly enough. 
    If you have the Amazon app you can view your orders and it tells you when the items are out for delivery and it gives you tracking number too. 

I have to to say that I have found amazon logistics to be excellent.  
    I think it depends on your area and who runs the local franchise. 

If I get an item delivered by Amazon Logistics, I get a tracking number and it tells me which day it'll be delivered... Between 8 and 8. 

If it's with DPD or one of the others I get live tracking telling me where my parcel is and when it will arrive within 15 minutes.

They also don't even appear to think about whether it's a commercial address... They tried to deliver a prime guaranteed next day delivery to my school address at 7:45 in the evening. The parcel had apparently been "out for delivery" for 15 hours by the time the driver arrived at our obviously locked school gates.

They have regularly ignored delivery instructions that I've put on the order (If I'm not in, deliver it to number ## next door please) ...a card arrives saying sorry you're out, we'll try again tomorrow. Repeat for 3 days then send it back. 

I've complained multiple times, and had money back. It's now at the stage that if I complete an order and it says it'll be delivered by Amazon Logistics, I just cancel the order immediately and give them as the reason.
    That's really shitty.  I'm not even sure if there is a way around it, as Amazon are going to be using Logistics more and more.  Did you ever ring the depot?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited May 2017
    That's really shitty.  I'm not even sure if there is a way around it, as Amazon are going to be using Logistics more and more.  Did you ever ring the depot?
    There is no depot for Amazon logistics. If you look on the contact pages for all the various delivery companies on Amazon, theirs just says "contact Amazon".

I've heard, but not confirmed, that basically the local route franchisee gets a drop of everything for their route, and then are justleft to get on with it. Also treated as self employed to avoid the usual rights etc

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    There is no depot for Amazon logistics. If you look on the contact pages for all the various delivery companies on Amazon, theirs just says "contact Amazon".

I've heard, but not confirmed, that basically the local route franchisee gets a drop of everything for their route, and then are justleft to get on with it. Also treated as self employed to avoid the usual rights etc
    It works different here (Northern Ireland).  The Amazon depot is based in a business park and all the drivers appear to use white vans.    

You could try phoning some of these numbers:

Amazon UK Telephone Number: 0844 41 45 334
    0207 084 7911
    0800 496 1081 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11778
    fandango said:

Tax avoidance ??!!?? Get a  grip - I was self employed for years, and I did it as often as possible ;)
    Exactly! Nowt wrong with avoidance.
    Congratulations on sticking at avoidance.

Most self employed people I know flat evade taxes.  Including very wealthy ones.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I have absolutely no problems with Amazon. Prime works brilliantly.
    I'm sorry you have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    Amazon is always fantastic for me apart from when buying guitars.  The best/worst was when buying a Les Paul Traditional (brand new, fulfilled by Amazon, not from Amazon Warehouse) where they managed to send the wrong guitar twice.  Both times the guitars were very obviously very used.  Their gibson prices are fantastic tho so it's worth rolling the dice occasionally