Peavey 212 Classic VT Series Amp value?

What's Hot
SatsumaAudioSatsumaAudio Frets: 0
Hi,

Have recently come into possession of this amp - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wumqqla1drg4b5/AACLDCirt6gQp50lW2fsKwyHa?dl=0

However I have no real use for it and wish to sell it, can anyone identify what model this is from the photos and how much it might be worth?

It definitely works, tested it and sounds good to me, very loud, phaser/reverb all work etc. Just needs a bit of a clean!

What do you guys think a reasonable sale price might be? Hard to find online as there are many different types and I can't find this exact one.

Thanks for any help/info!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    It's a VT series Classic, as you thought. Not related to the modern Classic series at all - the name only applies to the 50W model, the 120W version is called the Deuce.

These are brilliant amps, and that one looks in nice condition apart from the usual handle/chassis strap rust - but you're probably looking at about £250 max - possibly less, privately - which is ridiculous for an amp of that quality and power.

The knobs are also on in the wrong places :). Blue is supposed to be the master volume, I think black is the reverb and the grey ones are the EQ… but at least they're all there.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Agree 100% with IC, they are iconic, bomb proof amps, but unfortunately from a bygone era, and weigh a tonne, so sadly less desirable these days - and a pleasure to work on, not that that makes any difference :)    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    Yes these were often standard touring kit in thier day for non superstars, Hartley Peavey made some good bomb proof stuff in the day and stood behind it. I would take that on the road anyday as a great reliable amp. Peavey was a byword for touring bands in the USA for many years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom