Shower head question

What's Hot
DanjiDanji Frets: 225
Does anyone know or use about a different shower head than the one that came with their shower? I'm looking for something more powerful than mine and with a mist setting.  

My water pressure isn't low, but it's not high either.  I want something that really powerful.

There's a load on the internet but I'd like to see if you have any recommendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I could do with some yellow dye too, fucking golden!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Pretty sure putting a different head on the shower won't make much difference to the pressure, unless you're replacing a massive monsoon/waterfall type one with a smaller one? You'd be better putting a pump in if you want higher pressure. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    edited May 2017
    It does make a bit of difference, i had the same issue but pressure was quite low. Changed to a grohe one, cant think which model but it was quite an improvement. I doubt if it will be enough to do powerful.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited May 2017
    I have a Triton 10.5 Electric Shower and changed the shower head which came with the kit.

Whilst this electric shower uses mains cold water, the water comes from a tank which is installed in the loft in the block of flats where I live. This pressure is powerful enough to give a strong spray, but is not as powerful as a Power Shower driven by an electric pump.   

Let me explain why I changed the head. The front of most heads rotate to change the spray pattern, Eventually, they leak between the rotating part and the main body as the rubber gasket gives way, and spray water in all directions from the side at random. Quite annoying.

I replaced the Triton head with this 4-Function Croydex head from Robert Dyas (also sold in Tesco's superstores). Actually, I think mine is a chrome 5-Function head.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/search/go?w=five+function+eco+shower+head

The Croydex head is designed differently, in that the gap between the rotating part and the main body is at the front. If it starts to leak (which mine isn't doing, and I've had it for about 8 months), the spray will emerge from the front!!! 
  • Danji said:
    Does anyone know or use about a different shower head than the one that came with their shower? I'm looking for something more powerful than mine and with a mist setting.  

My water pressure isn't low, but it's not high either.  I want something that really powerful.

There's a load on the internet but I'd like to see if you have any recommendations?
    how old is your shower? it might have an extra flow restrictor behind the washer, mine did, took it out made the world of difference...

I found it funny as the restrictor is meant to make it more eco but when it was in I had to have the shower in normal mode, now with it out the pressure is good enough to use the shower in eco mode.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    The actual water pressure, if it's a direct shower, will be pretty much set. Some modern combi boilers allow you to slightly adjust the pressure of the hot water but not by a lot. 

Changing the shower head will make very little difference, even if you go to a smaller head, thereby squeezing the water through a smaller space. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4647
    edited May 2017
    You're either going to get low volume, high velocity water or, high volume low velocity, the volume of water over time will stay the same, unless there is a restriction somewhere reducing the overall volume that can be passed over time.
    The answer is big single function shower, high above your heard, let gravity do it's thing.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7467
    I bought a super-duper one with rain/spray/slice-you-in-half settings in B&Q - transformed our shower!

Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    I have no idea what these are like, but seem worthy of further investigation.
    https://www.ecocamel.com/education/why-does-my-shower-have-low-water-pressure?gclid=CP248riDhNQCFRUTGwoddzoNnw

• DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    Thanks for the responses! I'm going to investigate  =)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    The Ladies love a shower head...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Sometimes a shower head can become partially blocked if you live in a hard water area. There are several remedies and googletube will offer some suggestions like put it in a bag of lemon juice/cola etc. This can soemtimes be enough to get a decent jet from what you have, but if you installed it new and it's always been a bit poor, I suspect thats not the answer.