Nicky Hayden

What's Hot
SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
Nicest guy in motorbike racing died today. Sad day. R.I.P. Nicky.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Man that's terrible. Not even a racing accident.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    It is beyond tragic.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Very sad. He was a genuinely nice guy, always entertaining to watch, humble when he won and gracious in defeat.
    RIP dude. 
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    As others have said, an extremely gracious man.
    Very sad news.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    A real shame.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Just seen the news. Hadn't heard about the accident last week. He. Was. A. Fucking. Lord. Rip Kentucky Kid.
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Very sad. :(
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2558
    A great guy and a tremendous motorcycle racer. RIP.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

Given the atrocities that have occurred on the UK over the past 12 hours my post here may seem a little irrelevant and/or self indulgent.... I'm really sorry if it comes across that way.

As a massive fan of MotoGP I've been watching Nicky Hayden since he joined the sport. For over a decade this guy was on my screen every other weekend along with 20 or so other guys all living what I consider to be 'the dream'. For my part I'd take being a professional motorcycle racer in the best series on the planet over a being a rockstar - these guys are in effect my heroes.

I never met Nicky Hayden. I saw him race on a number of occasions though both on the Repsol Honda and the Ducati. In 2006 when he won the world championship it went down to the final race . Almost everyone (including myself) was cheering on Rossi. But once the title had been decided everyone was really pleased for Nicky. He'd worked hard and he deserved that.

The people I know who have met Nicky have always said what a nice guy he is - and I firmly believe that. He never had a bad word to say except one time in Portugal when his fellow teammate punted him into a gravel trap. But this incident was soon forgotten and no grudges were held.

This news hit me harder than I expected yesterday. A lot has happened to me over the past ten or so years, yet sitting down on a Sunday lunchtime and watching the MotoGP has always been a constant for me. It's been a comfort and escape when times have been tough.

Nicky was a true champion - and easily the most entertaining rider to watch through a left hander.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    gubble said:

Given the atrocities that have occurred on the UK over the past 12 hours my post here may seem a little irrelevant and/or self indulgent.... I'm really sorry if it comes across that way.

As a massive fan of MotoGP I've been watching Nicky Hayden since he joined the sport. For over a decade this guy was on my screen every other weekend along with 20 or so other guys all living what I consider to be 'the dream'. For my part I'd take being a professional motorcycle racer in the best series on the planet over a being a rockstar - these guys are in effect my heroes.

I never met Nicky Hayden. I saw him race on a number of occasions though both on the Repsol Honda and the Ducati. In 2006 when he won the world championship it went down to the final race . Almost everyone (including myself) was cheering on Rossi. But once the title had been decided everyone was really pleased for Nicky. He'd worked hard and he deserved that.

The people I know who have met Nicky have always said what a nice guy he is - and I firmly believe that. He never had a bad word to say except one time in Portugal when his fellow teammate punted him into a gravel trap. But this incident was soon forgotten and no grudges were held.

This news hit me harder than I expected yesterday. A lot has happened to me over the past ten or so years, yet sitting down on a Sunday lunchtime and watching the MotoGP has always been a constant for me. It's been a comfort and escape when times have been tough.

Nicky was a true champion - and easily the most entertaining rider to watch through a left hander.

Well said, a sad loss.
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    So sad. I heard he was seriously hurt in a bicycle accident.and then saw this  thread.
    R.I.P. Kentucky kid.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Very sad news about Nicky.

Although I've been going to the bikes for years, both home and abroad, I never got the chance to meet him - although I do know a few people who did and I never heard a bad word spoken about him. He was, by all accounts, a gent. And you could tell that in interviews, but especially when he spent time in the commentary box. His jovial southern charm (and his obvious love of racing) just shone out of him.

His death is a big, big loss to the world of motorcycle racing. RIP#69
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom