eBayer carefully not using the word Fender

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24372
    Let's face it. There are three basic explanations.
    1. The vendor is extremely naïve - having been thoroughly duped by a previous owner of the offending instrument.
    2. The vendor KNOWS FULL WELL that he is guilty of counterfeiting. 
    3. Both of the above.
    It is faintly possible that the vendor is sufficiently intellectually challenged to imagine that, if the "F" word does not appear in the eBay listing text copy, no actionable deception has occurred.

The eBay reporting, Feedback and Buyer Protection systems should take care of the matter. On the other hand, the situation should not have arisen in the first place. The more frequently scams occur, the higher seller fees become.
    He's given different answers to different basschat forum members about it.

Even on here he claims he's done nothing to it, and yet he's told others that it has been professionally set up.

He damn well knows.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    I concur.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

My conversation with him went like this -

Him, "To be honest I don't know. I bought the bass in eBay about 10 years ago. It was listed as a Fender then but I'm not sure, that's why I haven't listed it as a Fender. I've used it regularly since I bought it and it plays and sounds great."

Me, "Afraid that that sounds like BS - you made sure Fender showed up in plenty pictures and even mention the (badly added) serial number in your ad. Pretty poor show. You know as well as I do that this is a cheap Encore with the logo added.

Some advice - when the purchaser receives the guitar and then raises a claim on the basis that the item has Fender badges on it and is not a Fender , i.e. counterfeit / copyright infringement, the payment will be claimed back from you with no requirement for the buyer to return the guitar. The fact that you were careful to not mention Fender in the listing will make no difference.

If you have any decency, pull the add, remove the dodgy logo and re-advertise with an honest description - you've been buying and selling musical instruments long enough to know better."

Then he pulled it

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    So, it's true. eBay really does reach around the world. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Why's that? Has he put it up on eBay.hk or something?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom