Telecasters!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Butterscotch 1952 fat telecaster heavy relic maple neck job done !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    TTBZ said:
    Love the sound of a tele, it's just the scale length I struggle with. Wish they offered a short scale for those of us with feeble child-like hands.
    Changing the scale length would probably change the sound significantly though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    TTBZ said:
    Love the sound of a tele, it's just the scale length I struggle with. Wish they offered a short scale for those of us with feeble child-like hands.
    They did a shortscale a couple years ago, also a Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    Squier did one at 24.75" but seems to be like rocking horse shit! That one would be perfect. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited May 2017
    Barrivee said:

This is is the Tele sound I love. What offerings from Mojo/Oil City etc are going to get you close to this?
    Don't know anything about Oil City pickups but the stock AV52 bridge pickup is very good and will get you in the zone of this tone. Fender Nocaster 51 pickups are the best replacemnet pickups I have tried, the AV52s sound bery similar to them.

• riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    I recently ordered a musikraft blackguard body and neck and had it finished in nitrocellulose blonde by MJT, should arrive today, I hope I get to finish the project, should make up for a nice telecaster.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Barrivee said:

This is is the Tele sound I love. What offerings from Mojo/Oil City etc are going to get you close to this?
    The MASTER of rhythm guitar. Just incredible...

To answer your question - I had a set of Honky Tonk Angels from Oil City that were definitely on the same page as this. I've got a Mojo Broadcaster which is phatter but stil has that ringing top end. Both Marc and Ash make some of the finest pickups in the world, IMHO so I'm sure either will get you close to that.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I have four sets of Marc's Broadcasters - my favourites. Also have his stock 52 set. Townshend's tone here sounds more like the latter than the former IMHO

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    edited May 2017

97 CS '50's Tele. It is light as a feather and sounds bloody awesome.

• BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    Thanks @impmann @RandallFlagg @JohnPerry I've got a fantastic Larrivee Bakersfield that I'm seriously thinking of selling for no other reason than I just don't play it anymore. Thought about a new set of pick-ups to try and rekindle my love affair - but I'm not sure atm.
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    @impmann yes PT rules the rhythm guitar roost for me. I've seen him many times and he always leaves me with a bit of fire in my belly. Great attitude to his playing.