Guitarguitar being ambitious...Bond content

What's Hot
Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
edited May 2017 in Guitar
http://m.guitarguitar.co.uk/Product/PXC170522310756002

This might be a hard sell, unless things have changed a lot...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    edited May 2017
    By that valuation, HarrySeven would be minted. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

Mick Jones (Big Audio Dynamite) has his finger hovering over the "Add To Cart" button

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    Taking the piss is what GG do best, so this is fine form.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Interesting guitar but miles overpriced.  I always wanted to try one though - interesting frets...

By the way look at the provided power supply, it looks like a diecast box & Letraset job.  I suppose that was good enough in those days.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    It will be interesting so see how much it does sell for - I recall them been released at the Frankfurt Show all those winters ago - To be honest I'm not sure what it is worth - I know the easy answer is 'it is worth what someone will pay for it' but you have to start at some price - I know if I was offered one for £1000 as a buying in or potential trade in then I would pass - So what price do you put on it - I'm intrigued how it pans out but with no interest in ever owning one - anyone know of any past sold prices be it FB, e-bay etc
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    Presumably the sad passing of Roger Moore has caused Bond related memorabilia to rise in value?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Presumably the sad passing of Roger Moore has caused Bond related memorabilia to rise in value?
    I like that - But the government are always selling various Bonds - think China has loads of them
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Wow, the frets - what a fascinating idea! 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    axisus said:
    Wow, the frets - what a fascinating idea! 
    Till you try and refret it...
    edited May 2017

By the way though I said the frets were interesting, not sure I'd actually want them on a steel-strung instrument... wear, replacement, etc.

(edit: there are a few odd south-east Asian instruments using angled cuts on the fingerboard... can't remember which ones they are right now though.  Some Pipas have these cuts, though a different shape and a lot steeper than I'm thinking of.)

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I can't see any sold listing on eBay, but there is a seller in Amsterdam selling one for 2.2k
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Ravenous said:

Interesting guitar but miles overpriced.  I always wanted to try one though - interesting frets...

By the way look at the provided power supply, it looks like a diecast box & Letraset job.  I suppose that was good enough in those days.

That's not original. The original is a two-tone plastic late-70s/early-80s style enclosure with a direct mains connection and proper Bond lettering.

The 'pitchboard' is a total nightmare once even the smallest amount of wear starts, which happens quite quickly.

The highest I've heard of one selling for is £500, and that *was* with the original power supply and a Bond-logo cable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    That's not original. The original is a two-tone plastic late-70s/early-80s style enclosure with a direct mains connection and proper Bond lettering.

The 'pitchboard' is a total nightmare once even the smallest amount of wear starts, which happens quite quickly.

The highest I've heard of one selling for is £500, and that *was* with the original power supply and a Bond-logo cable.
    Interesting info. So not even worth it for a fanatical collector I guess...
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited May 2017

:#

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Everyone cashes in on death these days, such a tasteless generation.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Image result for roger moore raised eybrow

Eyebrow firmly raised.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    If Pussy Galore dies then the redlight district is going to come to a halt.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1466
    I had one. It was pish. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    £2K?!?! FFS! 

Pricks.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/