You know you've reached a certain age when...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

When you look out of your kitchen window at the garden and think 'that rain weve had recently has really helped my lawn. It looks great now'...

This also may or may not have happened recently...

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    When I was a kid it seemed a truism that every generation though the next's music to just be noise and too extreme. 
    WE now have a reached a point where my generation thinks the metal of teens is too commercial and pop-sounding. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Reverend said:
    When I was a kid it seemed a truism that every generation though the next's music to just be noise and too extreme. 
    WE now have a reached a point where my generation thinks the metal of teens is too commercial and pop-sounding. 
    True. I love telling my kids that when I was their age I saw much better bands than they ever will.  :)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24364
    It's like trying to play pool with a piece of rope
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    edited May 2017
    boogieman said:
    Reverend said:
    True. I love telling my kids that when I was their age I saw much better bands than they ever will. 
    I was going to write a facetious post about seeing Transvision Vamp when I was eighteen but then realised they still crapped on most stuff around today.

Caveat...(Wendy James may have played a big part in that.......Fowaaaaarrrr those thighs!!!)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    axisus said:
    Nope, that's never gonna be a thing for me. One of the great pleasures in life is appreciating a shapely female ass. 
    :o Don't think that's a age thing, it's a whole different problem .....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24811
    ESBlonde said:
    There are major events that happened - SS Torry canyon, England winning the world Cup, the seekers splitting up, the falklands War, etc.
    The Seekers have split up...for fooks sake...
    You know The Beatles? Oh never mind - it's not important right now....
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    your students wear Nirvana T shirts as vintage clothing. Fuck me that was a depressing day..
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    proggy said:
    You read the Obituary section in the local paper to see if anyone you know has copped it.
    And to make sure you've not copped it :-)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    You bump into an old rugby mate and he says "fuck me, it's Mike, I heard you died".........

Not that this has happened at all ever...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• markvmarkv Frets: 459
    When you hear the word "lubrication", and you don't think "KY", you think "WD".