Oh no waiting for exam results is annoying

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    joeyowen said:
    Just so you know, I'm on the other side of it.

I'm spending my bank holiday weekend and half term marking every day

We are trying! ha
    You meant to be grading? Why the fudge you on here?! ;-)

my exams were on the 5th, 10th and 15th... had results from the first and last. Others haven't had any yet from similar dates (or the 2nd for one exam)... so I'm not worried any more, the tension went away really quickly for me - I needed 145% between the three exams to guarantee my first, got 175% in the first two, so now I'm only checking to see what the final mark was - but others have had none ... 

The lack of communication is what makes it hard I think - if people knew when to check then it would be easy to not look online - but we don't even find out when the results are on, we just see it when we see it (assuming we're constantly checking) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Errr...

I am the worst advert for proper study and revision... I did maybe 2 hours combined for three subjects...

Got the last result back...

92% (to go with the 90% and the 80%) ...

Stay in school and study - don't be like me... and depend on luck
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    You must be gutted....
    Yeah... 

Though joking aside it will help prove something if anyone looks at my transcripts for the year ... first term I was poorly (flu-thing of some sort) immediately before an exam so there's a 44% lurking in my results. Without that one result my average grade on anything (exam, coursework, presentation, and project) is 88% 

So should anyone get to see it, they'll see it stands out as a total outlier rather than a genuine appraisal of my understanding of that subject
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If it helps, no one has ever asked to see my transcript.

I failed one module (virtually the whole class did).  But got 70/80 in the modules that I thought mattered.

Still, joking aside, well done :) :) :)
  • Myranda said:
    Yeah... 

Though joking aside it will help prove something if anyone looks at my transcripts for the year ... first term I was poorly (flu-thing of some sort) immediately before an exam so there's a 44% lurking in my results. Without that one result my average grade on anything (exam, coursework, presentation, and project) is 88% 

So should anyone get to see it, they'll see it stands out as a total outlier rather than a genuine appraisal of my understanding of that subject

My first year I scored about 92 percent overall - high enough I was awarded a bursary for the second. 

Then depression hit and I fell to 65 percent year two, and finished third year with an overall score (first year didn't count) of 59.7 percent, awarding me a 2:2. I was given a viva, but failed it so it remained a 2:2.