MJW Bantam Head

TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited May 2017 in Amps
How well does the Bantam take pedals ?

My style of playing is jeff healey confidence man cleans with a bit of hair using my US tele and a boost pedal to push the amp into liquid sustaining leads. My tone hell is when the boost pedal kills the top end clarity and puts out over compressed mud when playing higher than 12th fret on low strings when using neck pickup.

After playing a Cornell 18/20 i have fallen in love with those amps where it is a vol knob and a tone knob, if only that amp had power scaling,........damn it. If the Bantam could do Healey in the way ive described , what do you think ? A saggy arsed treble starved tone once a boost is engaged is my main worry as  if i used one the gain control would be kept very low, feedback from owners and users greatly appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I have a 1x10 Greenback loaded Bantam combo and it loves pedals, well my pedals at any rate. It was my main gigging amp for quite a while and quite often I'd find myself just using a Suhr Koko or Dual Boost for the majority of a gig.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30295
    Treble booster?
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Sassafras said:
    Treble booster?
    Thanks Sass, but no interest in a treble booster.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17645
    tFB Trader
    No experience of the bantam but I've had a goldstar and have a roadstar and they both love pedals.

You know mjw aren't making amps ATM right?
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    No experience of the bantam but I've had a goldstar and have a roadstar and they both love pedals.

You know mjw aren't making amps ATM right?
    Yeah, if someone was selling the not 5e version with power scaling I might be interested.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1621
    edited May 2017
    Had a couple of bantams and it's a resounding yes, they take pedals very well.

I must say I need to echo what's been said above re a booster. I used just a bantam with a beano Boost and a Sheraton for the solo on this song. 

Skip to 3 mins in https://open.spotify.com/track/6AgEYQlcTcKNKOqR9Usc9C

As a side note the entire album was done using either a normal bantam or a 5e3 version.
  • BorkBork Frets: 257
    Have you talked to martin?

[This space for rent]