SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - FS/FT 2016 Gibson Firebird Vintage Sunburst, Klein Pickups, Faber hardware - REDUCED

What's Hot
ExorcistExorcist Frets: 666
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
I've been culling my amps, now its the guitars turn. First up we have my 2016 Gibson Firebird upgraded with awesome Klein firebird pickups and faber hardware.
It is in very good condition (was mint until I knocked it over taking the photo's AAARGHHH!!) it has a scrape on edge by the lower button, and a few other tiny lacquer scrapes on the back edge. The front and front edge is unmarked. Tiny scratch on the back of the neck. These are all in the photo's. I've basically done you a favor by giving it its first 'ding'so you won't have to baby it. (they are somewhat unwieldy!). Sounds fantastic, I just can't get on with the shape.

Revised price now it isn't pristine anymore! £850 Now £800
Pickups are around £300 alone, so effectively your paying £500 for the guitar (with the faber parts!)

Trades considered (cash either way) would be - USA Tele's, SG's and Les Paul's preferably with P90's, Semi Hollow 335 Types.. Vintage USA BC Riches (what are the chances!!??) or anything else with P90's?

I really don't want to post this thing, so collection or possible meet up's if not too far. (I'm in Essex near Chelmsford) 

Cheers

Si

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14718
    Er, what exact "flavour" of USA Telecaster? Vintage, Modern, Modern-dressed-as-vintage?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 666
    I guess for tele's, 9+ radius, not a super chunky neck (I had a baja and it was a bit too chunky for me) other than that I'm open to suggestions?
    Now £800 if you can come and get it, it must have over £350 worth of upgrades and I'm pretty sure most people would want to upgrade the awful pickups they ship with so save a fortune!
    Sunday bump
    Someone asked me to weigh this, and it comes up at 7lbs using some digital bathroom scales and the 'with and without' method. If anyone was curious...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    edited June 2017
    What is the neck like on these? Slim, modern type profile? Standard nut width, as in 1-11/16" ? Modern Jumbo type frets ?
    Also, by Faber hardware do you mean Tailpiece + Bridge Aluminium in Chrome (non-aged) finish? (Hard to tell from photos) . Again, hard to tell but how dark is that fretboard (assume Rosewood)?
    And what is the 'with and without' method for weighing?!
    Also, is there a case?
    Nice guitar anyway

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

the neck  I would say is a slim modern profile, but I guess its a bit subjective. Its not a chunky neck. About the same as my SG Custom 61' RI. Standard nut width (specs are available on the gibson site: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Firebird.aspx )
    Yep, Tailpiece + Bridge Aluminium in Chrome (non-aged) finish. Fretboard is rosewood, quite a dark one.
    With and without means I stand on the scales, with and without the guitar and subtract the weights.
    No case I'm afraid. I can get some more photo's if there is anything you specifically want photo's of? Your welcome to come and try it.
    edited June 2017
    Yes, already checked the Gibson page and it is indeed a very slim/modern profile - not my kind of thing unfortunately. the rest very appealing.. :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

No worries, if it helps, the neck is about as thick as my 2010 LP Junior, thinner than a baja I had, but thicker than my jacksons. To be honest I've been playing this the last few days and I'm starting to have second thoughts so no worries :)
    Wouldn't blame you if you decided to keep it, but if not GLWTS ;)

Bump
    Still for sale.. trades?
    Weekend bump
    Sorry now withdrawn while it is on ebay.