SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson SG Special Faded - Worn Brown w/ DiMarzio pups - "Players Grade"

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
I've mentioned this in a few WTB threads, so I thought I'd put up a for sale thread.

For sale is a Gibson SG Special Faded in Worn Brown, upgraded with chrome covered DiMarzio pickups, they're the Dimarzio's that come in the Musicman Albert Lee HH - they're lovely, and the chrome covers look a bit classier than the uncovered pups that come as standard, in my opinion.

This is "players grade", it has some knocks, dings, whatever you want to call them - it's been gigged and at some point in its life had a sticker on the back; the sticker has been removed, but it's left its mark as pictured. The frets have been polished, the 'board lemon oiled and a fresh set of D'Addario 10's strung.

Comes with a well used but perfectly functional Epiphone fitted hardcase.

Collection from the Bournemouth area, or I can meet elsewhere within reason. I'm willing to post to anywhere in mainland UK for £20.

£400

If you'd like to know any more, or want any more specific pictures, then please let me know. Thank you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    another nice guitar @Jack_ ;
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    This has now been spruced up - fret polish, fretboard clean/oil, new D'Addario strings.

I'll get some new photos up when the weather is better.
    Updated pictures added.
  • Hi man has this got the 50s or 60s neck?

Hi man has this got the 50s or 60s neck?

@BornFromAJackal 50's.
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    edited June 2017
    Do you know what the spec on the neck is? profile - slim/modern or more substantial/vintage? Frets - modern jumbo type, etc? Thanks

Sorry seemed to miss the previous post! Anyone got a link for the '50s neck spec?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

@Jack_ , any idea on guitar weight?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

Marshall said:
    ~ 6.4lb / 2.9kg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jack_ said:
    Marshall said:
    ~ 6.4lb / 2.9kg
    Crikey, that's crazy light! About the neck, I'm struggling a bit to find accurate spec - nut width and fret size seems universal, but unclear what the actual dimensions of the Gibson '50s rounded neck profile is for these SGs - any ideas or thoughts on the feel? Do you know which year SG it is? Cheers again..

Marshall said:
    Jack_ said:
    Marshall said:
    ~ 6.4lb / 2.9kg
    Crikey, that's crazy light! About the neck, I'm struggling a bit to find accurate spec - nut width and fret size seems universal, but unclear what the actual dimensions of the Gibson '50s rounded neck profile is for these SGs - any ideas or thoughts on the feel? Do you know which year SG it is? Cheers again..
    It's from 2006. I always find it hard to describe profiles because I'm not picky myself, but it's not the biggest neck I've ever played, and not the thinnest either...
    Jack_ said:
    Marshall said:
    Jack_ said:
    Marshall said:
    ~ 6.4lb / 2.9kg
    It's from 2006. I always find it hard to describe profiles because I'm not picky myself, but it's not the biggest neck I've ever played, and not the thinnest either...
    Haha, that clears that up then :)

PM sent