Heart Attack !

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    In a nice way

Best post I've read in a long time.  Congrats on making it through, and I'll raise a drink to your health!

Credit to any NHS member of staff, the system may be floored, but the staff are the best people everrrrr
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    Blimey O'Reilly! Glad to hear you received quality care. As said earlier follow advice and all the best for your full recovery. Your post is also another reminder to me to lose the flab and look after myself.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15569
    jeez, I would never have pegged you for a potential heart attack, glad you're still with us and on the mend.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    That was a great read, so glad they were able to respond so quickly. The NHS truly is wonderful in that regard.
    My V key is broken
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited June 2017
    I am glad you're okay, and follow all of Emp's advice.

I'd like to share something though - when my father died, the first few minutes of his heart attack were spent on the phone trying to get hold of someone and time was wasted. It contributed to his death. When my aunt went to the hospital with abdominal pains, she spent half a year trying to convince the hospital that something was wrong. They tried test after test and eventually ended up at 'psychological factors' - then a period of time after that they eventually found her cervical cancer. She died.

When you experience something as pathetic as robotic telephone switchboards contributing to the death of a loved one, it gives you an entirely different perspective. When you experience a loved one trying their utmost to get help, but being told that they were inventing the pain themselves, it gives you an entirely different perspective.

My aunts kids went feral and wild without their mother in their lives. Their lives have been severely dampened because of a hole they can't fix.

The NHS needs reform.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980

best wishes Chris  :)

John

tae be or not tae be
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2458

to position the stent which will keep that part of the artery open for the rest of my lifetime, hopefully.  
    That much is certain
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24391
    @Drew_TNBD My sympathies for your dad and your aunt.  While the NHS saved me and I'm pretty sure my dad was already dead when I found him (heart attack) so there was nothing they could have done anyway, I do hold them responsible for my mum's death last August.  They knew she had an abdominal aneurysm in 2012. I didn't know at the time but she should have had regular scans on it to check on it's growth but somehow she slipped through the net.  FFWD to last July and she's showing all the classic symptoms of an aneurysm about to rupture ( I Googled it after she passed and it took me two minutes to see they had misdiagnosed her with everything from a bowel infection to diverticulitis).  They could have, and should have, operated before it ruptured, but they didn't.  It burst and they operated then - but it was too late.  She was otherwise a very fit and healthy woman.  If they'd scanned her regularly, they would have kept on top of her high blood pressure with more urgency, but as I say, they didn't, it grew and burst.  She died before her time.  I was very angry when I worked it all out, but soon realised it was pointless because nothing could bring her back now - no matter how angry I got or who I complained to.  You can't turn back time. :-(
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    Glad you're OK.
    It's not a competition.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:
    @Drew_TNBD My sympathies for your dad and your aunt.  While the NHS saved me and I'm pretty sure my dad was already dead when I found him (heart attack) so there was nothing they could have done anyway, I do hold them responsible for my mum's death last August.  They knew she had an abdominal aneurysm in 2012. I didn't know at the time but she should have had regular scans on it to check on it's growth but somehow she slipped through the net.  FFWD to last July and she's showing all the classic symptoms of an aneurysm about to rupture ( I Googled it after she passed and it took me two minutes to see they had misdiagnosed her with everything from a bowel infection to diverticulitis).  They could have, and should have, operated before it ruptured, but they didn't.  It burst and they operated then - but it was too late.  She was otherwise a very fit and healthy woman.  If they'd scanned her regularly, they would have kept on top of her high blood pressure with more urgency, but as I say, they didn't, it grew and burst.  She died before her time.  I was very angry when I worked it all out, but soon realised it was pointless because nothing could bring her back now - no matter how angry I got or who I complained to.  You can't turn back time. :-(
    Really sorry to hear that dude. :(

You're absolutely right. We shouldn't spend the rest of our time being angry. You can't turn back time. We can only reflect I suppose.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    Best wishes.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    Thank you for sharing this profound experience with us.  I take an awful lot from what you say.  Like life itself, this has been a gift.  
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    Brilliant
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2327
    Best wishes and it's great to see the NHS in a positive light.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Brilliant news....and the best bit is that you get to watch the 'Britain's got Talent' Final now B)

must of breen proper scary..I'll definitely drop a donation into the Air Ambulance tin next time I see one :)
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    glad everything is ok now man, that must have been some scary shit to go through.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16119
    Best wishes 
    almost identical circumstances as one of my oldest friends …………yes,the NHS can be wonderful
    best wishes
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Wow!, That was a close call Chris. Thank goodness for all the support you got. Get well mate and best wishes.
    That is proper scary stuff.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Wow, what a story and what a near scrape. All best wishes Chris. 

When I had my heart attack like event I got to go in an ambulance through Dudley. Even being ill I can't get right... :dissapointed: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Great story, best wishes for a speedy recovery.