NAD, and which circuit is in my Silverface 1972 Deluxe Reverb?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strat84strat84 Frets: 322
    Nice amp @fretfinder - looks in great nick! Does it have the removable baffle? I think they changed around 72 - 73..

@BBBlues - Yeah 67 - 69. I have a 69 DR which has the drip edge trim but doesn't have the Blackface circuit like some of the early drip edge amps have.. Sounds great though! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    miserneil said:
    miserneil said:
    Looks a beauty Nigel, how does it sound?
    It sounds lovely jubbly. I gigged it a week ago and it sounded great and it is also very loud, louder than the DRRI I had a while ago iirc. The speaker is a replacement Celestion G12H Anniversary which may partly account for the volume. The amp stays clean up to about 4 (which is frickin loud) and then gets progressively crunchy! I had a pedalboard issue three-quarters of the way through the gig, had to plug straight into the amp, turned it up a bit, used the guitar volume and it sounded lovely. Possibly even nicer than it had sounded through the cornucopia of ace pedals previously! I was playing this old fifties Junior thing I had lying around, that I picked up off some dodgy geezer early in the year... 
    That's no way to talk about poor old @Blacksheep! ;)
    Haha. It was the single cut actually, as I'm sure you're aware!

Those old p90s don't need much help. 
    They don't, that is true.  :)

That is a beaut. What's the noisefloor like on these? Much hiss at idle?
    Not too much. Anyway, sounds much better when it's being played rather than idling!  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom