British Lions tour best way to watch it you don't have Sky

Hi all you knowledgeable​ folk, how can I do this, I don't have Kodi, I don't subscribe to Sky can I do it on a one off basis through Now TV? Or is there another method? Cheers Paul
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Go to the pub.
  • WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
    I've just had knee replacement surgery, and the games are at eight o'clockish in the morning UK time.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24571
    Plenty of pubs opening for breakfast to show it!

Another way is to deposit £5 with an online betting place and bet a quid on a game. Then you get their steam to watch it too.

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Yeah, fair enough - last time (or at least, last time I watched it) they were around 10.30, so pub was just about acceptable.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    Pub or local rugby club.....beer and bacon sandwiches, perfect.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    You can pay for Now tv on a monthly basis once you have the box. You can usually get the box with a voucher for two or three months watching thrown in. The Now box is basically the same as the kodi I think, certainly you can use it when you aren't paying for Now for things like the iPlayer and the 4player. Just bear in mind a) it's only as good as your broadband  b) picture quality is good but it isn't hi def and c) you will eventually lose the tiny bloody remote. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    I use Now Tv on my Mac (and iPad /iPhone) 
    quite pricey (6.99 for a day, £33.99 for a month I think). Was hoping I could watch on my BT Youview box using the Now TV app - but they only allow films, not sport through that app. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    mattdavis said:
    quite pricey (6.99 for a day, £33.99 for a month I think). Was hoping I could watch on my BT Youview box using the Now TV app - but they only allow films, not sport through that app. 
    Wow, I've had Entertainment and Films which are about £7 a month each I think. Sport is very pricey in comparison then.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    Now TV day pass or longer via Chromecast. That's what I have used recently.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    mattdavis said:
    Wow, I've had Entertainment and Films which are about £7 a month each I think. Sport is very pricey in comparison then.
    Indeed it bloody is. In fact the cost of watching sport is my new 'don't get me started' topic. Went to Twickenham for the Aviva final - had ok tickets for £70 each, bad watered down beer for £5.50 a pint, had to buy a pint 'glass' (plastic) for a pound deposit (who would queue up for that), the programme was £10. Then £7 to watch a Lions match on my computer. 
    It was a brilliant day but it prices out many families from participating in these events. 

And breathe.... I just hope rugby doesn't disappear up its own arse like football has most definitely done. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Anyone know the odds on no Scotland player making the test side and at least one test side having more Wales than England players.....
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Pretty short on the Scottish angle but longer on the Wales / England one I'd suggest

Seymour was pretty anonymous, but didn't really have many opportunities.

Hoggy lived up to his defensive frailties label 

Laidlaw was OK but I wouldn't think he'd done enough on that showing to get a test start