Someone to "re-case" my de-combo'd amp head ? Suggestions ?

sev112sev112 Frets: 2797
so I went ahead and separated (using a Stanley knife and good saw" the amp from the speaker on my Marshall AVT150.

i am really pleased with the result.  I just line out into the PA, or use my lighter cab, or even used the combo cab.  

This is is all predicated by my back problems as I just can't carry the combo any more, and my back problems have turned into shoulder , arm and hand problems.  

So so I have a nice head in the top part of the combo cab, with a piece of thin hard board across the base.  All fine, but it would be nice to re-house it.  The chipboard is obviously sized to hold the whole combo so is pretty chunky, so clearly there is scope to rehouse it in lighter materials.  Which would be a benefit as any weight lost helps me get to a gig and be able to stand up and play 

so any suggestions for a good cabinet maker or similar in the approx Berkshire area who might take this on ?

i vaguely remember trying to make a wooden box in DT in 1978, but I do t think the techniques I learned then will stand me in too much stead even if I could remember them

am currently thinking about IKEA jointing technologies ;)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Use the base of the combo??
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2797
    Use the base of the combo??
    Yep that was my first thought but I decided to keep that on the bottom of the speaker cab, whereupon I was envisaging taking the top off the "head" and put that back on the top of the now topless cab and keeping the cab as separate and more portable 

and the head being lighter than the remainder of the cab I should be able to get away with a lighter frame or perhaps even rack of some kind 

Ta :)