SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: WezV/GSP Pelham Blue Hotrod Tele MOJO/BKP £600

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16851
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
I  didn't think i was quite ready to let this go, but a large bill has hit so needs must.  The body and neck are from GSP, but modded, finished and reliced and set-up by me.   Headstock is unbranded 

Since i took these pics I have added a 3-way mini toggle between the volume and tone.  This acts as  a series/split/parallel on the Mojo Dual foil.  I also changed the switch tip for a tele one and the knobs for some aged ones .  Bridge pickup is an old BKP flat 50, which i believe they now sell as the flat 52

This gives it the following options:

Neck Pickup

Series dual foil = 8.5k

Split foil = 4.3k

Parallel Dual foil = 2.2k

Both Pickups

Series dual foil with bridge single = 3.9k

Split foil with bridge single= 2.7k

Parallel Dual foil with bridge single= 1.7k

Bridge = 7.2k

Build thread and more pics here:
http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91331/modern-tele-relic-hotrod-and-loads-of-other-things-to-disturb-the-purists/p1

Final weight is 7 1/2 lbs

Headstock has schaller locking tuners.   The shiniest bit of the guitar, but actually the oldest.   Bridge is a Barden with angled brass saddles

So a mix of old and new, authentic and not 

I have a generic hardcase i will throw in 

Price is £650 + postage.
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    Wow, that's very nice. I esp. like the scalloped back. GLWS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
    Lovely! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• WezVWezV Frets: 16851
    new pic with the mini-switch

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1589
    I'm trying not to be tempted by this, but what's the neck radius and shape, and how would you describe the mojo pickup tonally?
    its a typical modern C shape - 9.5" radius.

The mojo pickup is hard to describe.  Its a very full sound, sparkling highs and massive lows.  They are very responsive and great with a bit of dirt.    Its very different to the tele pickup, but they work surprisingly well together after a bit of height adjustment.  the middle settings are some of the best.

There are some clips of them on youtube now - that's probably going to give a better idea than my inane descriptions

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3500
    horse said:
    I'm trying not to be tempted by this, but what's the neck radius and shape, and how would you describe the mojo pickup tonally?
    A guy posted up some short recordings of the GF pickups 
    https://www.instagram.com/bkguitars/

Really great guitar for a decent price.
    I had a question about selling this minus the Dual foil, which I am up for in principle if it means i get to try that pickup on another guitar.

So there are a few options on the final configuration here - all at different prices.   If anyone was intertested in the more standard options i would need a weeks notice to get the guitar parts swapped over

1. As above - mojo gold foil & 7-sound switching = £650
    2. Esquire - aged white single ply guard, esquire switching = £550
    3. Tele - aged white single-ply guard, standard tele wiring.  Bulldog neck pickup = £575
    4. Mini Hum tele - 3-ply aged white guard, standard tele wiring - oil city mini humbucker = £600

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1455
    WezV said:
    I had a question about selling this minus the Dual foil, which I am up for in principle if it means i get to try that pickup on another guitar.

Why would anyone not want the foil? They've been my most inspiring gear purchase in years.

Madness!
    edited June 2017
    i understand it might  not be for everyone, and i would be quite willing to hold onto it

and i I like to give options where I can.  Not everyone's taste will match mine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Good  luck with the sale WEZ. Looks a   Fab guitar =)

Always open to offers - and in the spirit of offering options,  here is a mockup I did with an aged white guard before the tort in an earlier stage of the build

sorry to bump again the same day, but i picked up a off white esquire guard today... just laid over the existing parts here, but it gives an idea what the  £550 option looks like (i would change the control plate too, unless someone wanted it wiring as a kill switch on an esquire???)

anyway - another pic or two

the blue looks very blue in most of the pics i have taken, but it does have a subtle hint of greening which i finally managed to capture today... It shows up a lot more next to the off white guard

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    bump and price drops:

1. As above - mojo gold foil & 7-sound switching = £600
    2. Esquire - aged white single ply guard, esquire switching = £500
    3. Tele - aged white single-ply guard, standard tele wiring.  Bulldog neck pickup = £525
    4. Mini Hum tele - 3-ply aged white guard, standard tele wiring - oil city mini humbucker = £550
    It's a top spec guitar, handmade in the UK,  and I am giving you custom options.  

ON HOLD -  and converted to esquire spec.  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Wes - Great to meet you today and thanks for showing me some great guitars that you have built.

I particularly love the couple of thin acoustic / hollow bodies. I could definitely picture something along the lines of a a B&G developing from them - Tim
     Cheers Tim.    That thin line was a bit of a test, but it's been stable for a while now so I do reckon another may be in my future.  Maybe a non fanned-fret version.