Sound systems to link to tv

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
Has anybody got any advice on decent sound systems to link up to a smart TV...  not wanting to break the bank but good quality ...iff thats possible without breaking the bank.. :)

Also does anybody use thier smart tv for music and is there anything that you can use on them to store your music....not sure iff this is possible cos my knowledge of all this is very limited ....basically i want to use my tv as a tv and music player 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Not the cheapest option - but I love my sonos kit. 

Used off ebay maybe?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I don't know, @Barney but I'm interested to see what responses you get.  I don't want to go full-on home theatre, but wonder if a sound-bar might help?
  • most TVs now especially smart can have and external usb hdd/stick plugged into them to play your ripped music, or you will have the option to access the music over the network, then of course you should have Spotify etc apps available..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_1_3_hso_sc_smartcategory_2?rh=n:560876,k:marantz&keywords=marantz&ie=UTF8&qid=1496579376&sr=8-3-acs

Marantz Melody's are excellent as are the Denon's but the Marantz have the edge, then you won't need the TV to access music as you can do it straight from the HiFI, and they have optical in to connect the TV which is what I suggest, I have never liked hooking up TV to HiFi via the TV headphone socket.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    most TVs now especially smart can have and external usb hdd/stick plugged into them to play your ripped music, or you will have the option to access the music over the network, then of course you should have Spotify etc apps available..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_1_3_hso_sc_smartcategory_2?rh=n:560876,k:marantz&keywords=marantz&ie=UTF8&qid=1496579376&sr=8-3-acs

Marantz Melody's are excellent as are the Denon's but the Marantz have the edge, then you won't need the TV to access music as you can do it straight from the HiFI, and they have optical in to connect the TV which is what I suggest, I have never liked hooking up TV to HiFi via the TV headphone socket.
    Thanks ...that looks a good system ...so any idea of good speakers to go with that :)
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3297
    edited June 2017
    Q Acoustics 2010i or 2020i if budget allows from Richer Sounds, outstanding for the money, the £59 Wharfedale 9.0s are also very impressive, me and mate set up a system for his lad and used those and I couldn't believe how good they were but for me the Q Acoustics are worth the extra not much money.

HyperFi have some older refurb with 12 month Denons available which are also very good, if I budget allows a Marantz Melody Stream I wouldn't hesitate, I often regret getting rid of my CR610, would have loved it now in the conservatory.

http://www.hyperfi.co.uk/bhifi-systems-ipod-docksb-hifi-grade-micro-systems-c-2327_2440.html
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Q Acoustics 2010i or 2020i if budget allows from Richer Sounds, outstanding for the money, the £59 Wharfedale 9.0s are also very impressive, me and mate set up a system for his lad and used those and I couldn't believe how good they were but for me the Q Acoustics are worth the extra not much money.

HyperFi have some older refurb with 12 month Denons available which are also very good, if I budget allows a Marantz Melody Stream I wouldn't hesitate, I often regret getting rid of my CR610, would have loved it now in the conservatory.

http://www.hyperfi.co.uk/bhifi-systems-ipod-docksb-hifi-grade-micro-systems-c-2327_2440.html
    Thanks ..will check all these out :)