SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted : Cheap shreddy guitar with floyd rose type tremolo

What's Hot
lysanderlysander Frets: 574
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
As per title. I mostly care about the neck and having a good quality floyd rose or similar tremolo and a locking nut and / or tuners.
Not a fan of super thin & flat Ibanez necks, I prefer something with slightly more meat and not completely flat radius.
Passive pickups strongly preferred as well as rosewood or ebony or other dark woods fretboard rather than maple.

I would prefer something understated ( the least flashy and pointy the better ).
Happy to take something that needs a bit of work as long as there's no major issue.

EDIT: would need it to be posted unless it's in London, I can't travel at the moment due to young kids and long working hours.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14685
    You need to raid HarrySeven's warehouse.  ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Ibanez S370 in black? Thin Ibby Wizard III neck though...

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    @Jack_ thanks, looks nice, but yeah I'd prefer something with a neck thickness that's a couple more mm if I can find it.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
    Peavey V-Type EXP? :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

I looked that up, my eyes are still hurting
  • ChristopheChristophe Frets: 62
    edited June 2017
    I've heard very good things about the affordable EVH Wolfgang guitars. Lovely neck profiles if they are the same as the Steath model I had a while back. Otherwise it's my standard answer of secondhand Charvel San Dimas or So Cal. One of the first issue mex ones sold for around £300 on eBay recently which is a lot of Guitar for the money
  • ChristopheChristophe Frets: 62
    Cheer, it does. 
    Though I'm really looking for sub £300.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    The Ibby I posted above would be sub £200.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038

Just a thought - I'm not sure which models you checked out online, but if you can get over the eye pain, you *may* wish to reconsider...

Korean Peavey V-Type EXP #1 (Refin with SD HB's, hard case. Small amount of paint damage adjacent to the neck pocket)

Korean Peavey V-Type EXP #2
    (stock, with gigbag)

Both guitars have been set up very well indeed and play great.

The blinged-up versions of these with crazy inlays are way too OTT (IMHO) - personaly, I like these in plain black.

One to wash and one to wear - £300 the pair. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Cheers Harry.
    I'm struggling with the shape of these, if I did get one I'd have to take a jigsaw and spindle sander to it. But I will consider it :)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28970
    I have mostly an Ibanez RG570 from about 1993. It had a Roland hex pickup for a while, it has a 26.1" extension neck by Arrowhead guitars (ebony on maple, less wispy than the original neck), and at the moment it has a Sustainiac in the neck. Charcoal satin finish.

Without the Sustainiac (which I can happily use elsewhere) I'd be OK with £300 for it. You'd need to put in a neck pickup (it has passive Swineshead middle and bridge pickups), otherwise it plays very nicely.

I can sort out pictures...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    Have a look at the old Ibanez Roadster series. Not flashy Strat with floyd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Sporky thx for the offer. Sounds interesting but I think I'd rather stay with a standard 25.5 scale length.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28970
    You get 25 frets though!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    Quite like the look of that, I posted in your thread.
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    I've got an Ibanez rg270 with a Floyd in Mint condition that id let go reasonably cheap. Pm me if you're interested and I'll sort pictures etc 
    Bo
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14685
    Sporky said:
    You get 25 frets though!
    That's one more, innit?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 846
    My son might be selling his early 90s Jackson Professional soon. I'm not sure of the exact model as it's been nodded over the years for just one humbucker (Seymour Duncan). It's a cool looking guitar, refinished in a metallic turquoise, 1 humbucker, 1 volume, Jackson Floyd Rise, shredder neck etc If it sounds tempting I can send pics. Price will be sub £200 and these early 90s Japanese Professional models are awesome. They were replaced with lower spec Performer models because they were too close in quality to the USA models.