wireless - L6 g30 still the best value?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12908
    Grunfeld said:
    Grunfeld said:
    I've read bad reviews on the G30, the transmitter is plastic and flimsy, and breaks easily...
    Really, it's not.  Solid piece of kit.
    How hard do you thrash about on stage? Lol.
    Coming up for 6 years of gigging the G30, over 400 gigs, typically 100+ minutes playing time per gig.  Punk and rock covers as well as the odd Sex On Fire too.  I don't feel I've done a gig unless I'm pouring with sweat and everything is soaked.  The whole point of having a wireless is so I can run around and have fun!
    I like @Cabicular 's turn of phrase:  "they can take in and has been epically reliable." 
    I totally +1 that cos that has been my experience too.
    This is exactly the reason I've gone back to being wired. I'm almost static when I play and the need for wireless is pointless for me. Not for everyone I guess but still cool and very handy when doing sound checks etc :)
    There's also the added benefit of not being physically connected to the venue's power supply. I never really trust the electrics in these places...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087

Grunfeld said:
    I've read bad reviews on the G30, the transmitter is plastic and flimsy, and breaks easily...
    7 years of gigging them in 90s metal bands wedding bands and in Chillis tribute band so 2-3 times a week plus rehearsals
    And I'm no wallflower in stage
    They feel pretty naff but they can take it and have been epically reliable
    3 transmittor packs attached to 3 guitars
    Lol so you do high jumps and climb on stuff? the transmitter bangs against other members whilst trying to run around?
    Good on ya though for having it for so long, I guess I got the G50 cos I could afford it and wanted the best I could get for the money, and for reassurance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530

Grunfeld said:
    7 years of gigging them in 90s metal bands wedding bands and in Chillis tribute band so 2-3 times a week plus rehearsals
    Lol so you do high jumps and climb on stuff? the transmitter bangs against other members whilst trying to run around?
    Good on ya though for having it for so long, I guess I got the G50 cos I could afford it and wanted the best I could get for the money, and for reassurance.
    You're clearly determined to say it's no good but my mate is Angus in an AC/ DC tribute band and he's had the G30 for 5+ years and rolls around on the floor and spins round in circles while down there as well as going into the crowd - the G50 is great - others have found the G30 suitable for their needs so it's all good.

I just wanted peace of mind after reading the G30 had a plastic transmitter case and only 100ft tranmission range. My approach is to get the best you can afford and for me it was the G50 which turned out to be a good investment for myself.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

Grunfeld said:
    yes I fucking do actually
    edited June 2017

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:

Are you playing on the roof of a building in that photo?!
    Amazing! I take my hat off to your showmanship, good sir. 

I also have a g30, and find, with addition of a piece of gaffa tape over the battery door, it to be flawless.
    I like that it takes aa's.
    I also like not having the singer pull my lead out of amp/guitar/pedal. Again. Range is good. Good enough to do an impression of Albert Collins and take a solo outside the pub. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    edited June 2017
    jgmouton said:
    Don't buy the G10, it's unreliable (many comments about that on the Web).  I bought 2 of them and they both failed.
    I've read way more problems with the G30 but most folk are very happy with them. Two G10 failures with the same person?  I  find that extraordinary..the odds of that happening with Line 6's high quality control must be quite incredible, especially as its software is upgradeable.  What exactly was the problem and what did Line 6 say? I'd be interested in reading a link to those comments so please do post them.

However, I can only judge by my own experience and over the last 6 mths so far my G10 has performed flawlessly and I've been delighted with it.  But I'd certainly post if that changed. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Vaiai said:

Grunfeld said:
    You're clearly determined to say it's no good but my mate is Angus in an AC/ DC tribute band and he's had the G30 for 5+ years and rolls around on the floor and spins round in circles while down there as well as going into the crowd - the G50 is great - others have found the G30 suitable for their needs so it's all good.

I originally wanted the G30 but once I found out the transmitter was made of plastic and the transmission range was only 100ft it lacked assurances for me so I went the next step up. I'm happy with the G50 and glad I got it, that's all.
    Vaiai said:

Grunfeld said:

I just wanted more peace of mind after reading the G30 had a plastic transmitter and only 100ft range tranmission range. As I said I had the money for the G50 so decided it was the best investment for me.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    ...after reading the G30 had a plastic transmitter and only 100ft range tranmission range.
    Happy to add something else to read:  the range is over 100ft.
    1)  The only time I could be arsed to try and find the limit of the range was at an open air soundcheck and I ran across the field and the time delay from distance got too much of a problem -- but it wasn't dropping out -- which frankly surprised me. 
    2)  I've never been out of range at a gig.  That's every pub venue; every wedding venue.  And a few festival stages. 
    If it dropped out I'd kind of review it like:  "great for pubs but drops out at large wedding venues" -- but it doesn't.  So what else can one say?
    Grunfeld said:
    ...after reading the G30 had a plastic transmitter and only 100ft range tranmission range.
    Happy to add something else to read:  the range is over 100ft.
    1)  The only time I could be arsed to try and find the limit of the range was at an open air soundcheck and I ran across the field and the time delay from distance got too much of a problem -- but it wasn't dropping out -- which frankly surprised me. 
    2)  I've never been out of range at a gig.  That's every pub venue; every wedding venue.  And a few festival stages. 
    If it dropped out I'd kind of review it like:  "great for pubs but drops out at large wedding venues" -- but it doesn't.  So what else can one say?
    It's so much better than the G70
    im having real regret