SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Warr Guitars Artist 10 For Sale or Trade

What's Hot
dolbydj1005dolbydj1005 Frets: 6
edited June 2017 in Guitars £

Hello!

I'm looking to sell my Warr Guitars Artist 10 string tapping instrument. It's in fantastic condition, just deserves to be played more! Looking for £2000 but will consider trades for Fenders!

The 10 strings are tuned in the Trey Gunn Crafty setup, inverted bass strings in 5ths the melody strings also in 5ths apart from the last string which is up a minor 3rd from it's neighbour.

The body is mahogany with a curly maple top. The neck is a 7 piece laminate consisting of mahogany, maple and wenge, the fretboard is also wenge.
Scale length is 34". There are a couple of small blemishes on the rear of the body nothing that affects the look or playability of the instrument. The Warr is equpped with two magnetic Bartolini pickups and 10 piezo pickups in the custom bridge unit. The 5 melody strings are also connected to the Roland style 13 pin output to allow connection to various devices such as the Roland GR55. The instrument is strung up with new custom Newtone strings and I will also include two spare sets of these strings. The headstock is fitted with Sperzel locking tuners. The control knobs are also made from wenge.

For completeness I will mention that there was a small round indentation on the neck side when I bought the instrument from the original owner, This has been almost totally fixed by a steaming process and is now all but unnoticeable.

The Warr comes with all the tools, the aforementioned spare string sets and a Ritter gig bag (the original had seen better days).

I reckon with exchange rates what they are currently and with all import duties/taxes this instrument would cost over £4500 now

Image result for warr guitar for sale

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6115
    You are definitely going to need to post some pictures of the beast on here if you want to get a sniff :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Trying to figure out how! :) Any pointers?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I'm seeing pictures! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    That is awesome.

You can't buy Warr's now as he has colon cancer and has stopped building, for now at least,

• It's a lovely instrument. Just doesn't get used enough. Needs to go to a good home. I heard the sad news. Hopefully he'll be back making his pieces of art soon!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    Looks amazing but I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    Looks amazing but I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that
    Slowly.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28207
    That is a beautiful instrument. If only you'd said "will take a motley assortment of less valuable guitars in trade". Good luck with the sale and all that. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    That's look amazing but I struggle with six strings :-)
  • Sporky said:
    That is a beautiful instrument. If only you'd said "will take a motley assortment of less valuable guitars in trade". Good luck with the sale and all that. :)
    Thanks a lot! Out of interest what are your selling?
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    octatonic said:
    That is awful.

FTFY ;)

Sorry @dolbydj1005 it's not my bag - beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
    We are all Chameleons...
    TonyR said:
    octatonic said:
    That is awful.

FTFY ;)

Sorry @dolbydj1005 it's not my bag - beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
    No, it is awesome.
    Take thy curmudgeonly behaviour elsewhere, grandad.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • manuelcmanuelc Frets: 1
    hallo! I'd like to buy it if I'lll sell my chapman stick ten strings, I stay in Italy
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibalgibal Frets: 0
    Interested in this if it is still for sale, sent you a PM (I think... I'm new here!)
  • manuelc said:
    hallo! I'd like to buy it if I'lll sell my chapman stick ten strings, I stay in Italy
     Ciao Manuel! se vendi ancora il tuo stick puoi scrivermi ? luca2207@hotmail.it grazie! :)