Two Rock Studio 35 Pro Plus v Studio Pro 35

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    For me I prefer the Pro to the Pro Plus, it's fuller sounding and the reverb is deeper.
    One trick you may not know..if you're not using the effects loop you can use the effects return level control as a master volume and set the amp on the edge of breakup and use a boost to send it into more drive..... or just max out the volume and master and pull the mid boost out for a lot of drive..It's a very versatile beast, one of my favorites 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fenderman1fenderman1 Frets: 24
    I would agree the reverb is better on the standard Pro but at gig volumes the bigger cabs really helps with projection on the Pro Plus.
    both really great amps 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    DougCoda said:
    For me I prefer the Pro to the Pro Plus, it's fuller sounding and the reverb is deeper.
    One trick you may not know..if you're not using the effects loop you can use the effects return level control as a master volume and set the amp on the edge of breakup and use a boost to send it into more drive..... or just max out the volume and master and pull the mid boost out for a lot of drive..It's a very versatile beast, one of my favorites 
    Cheers for the info Doug.

A few questions ya:

So if not using the effects loop, I can use the level as a master volume.  So what happens to the actual master volume on the front when I do this?

When you say pull out the volume and master.  Are you talking about the gain and master on the front? Then use the effects loop level as the global master?

• DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    AndyJP said:
    DougCoda said:
    Cheers for the info Doug.

A few questions ya:

So if not using the effects loop, I can use the level as a master volume.  So what happens to the actual master volume on the front when I do this?

When you say pull out the volume and master.  Are you talking about the gain and master on the front? Then use the effects loop level as the global master?

The master and gain levels on the front work as normal. If you want to drive the amp turn the return volume down to zero and the master and gain to full, then bring in the volume with the return pot(when not using the loop you can use this as a global master), adjust gain levels to taste. (The pull is on the mid control, all 3 of the frequency controls have a pull boost)
    The gain control on the Studio Pro doesn't really add that much gain but you can get them to really drive if you play around with the amp as described above...have fun....
    The clean sound is pretty awesome too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nice one Doug! Thanks.
    It's arrived! LOVE IT!

Yeah that effect level works great.  Dial the gain and master to get the sound. Effect level for the volume.

Very happy so far.  Use it at rehearsal next week :)