SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2014 Charvel Skatecaster in Trans Red W/Ironstone Humbuckers

PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
edited June 2017 in Guitars £

I bought this back in 2014. It never actually left the house, but I found time to install a pair of Ironstone humbuckers (http://ironstone-guitar-pickups.co.uk/product/humbucker-guitar-pickups-alnico-v/ ) that I had lying around. At the same time I replaced the standard cheapie selector switch with a Switchcraft one, and added a Bournes push/pull volume pot to control the coil splits. It has spent most of its life in a hardcase under the bed and is the second least-played guitar in the collection. I feel its probably time to let it go. Amazing neck on this, both in feel and playability. Has collected a few light scratches from use around the house. Small blemish under the paint near the neck pickup that is impossible to photograph. Hardware has a nice aged smoked chrome finish to it.

Case not included, but I do have the original box in the loft. I'd rather not post but can do so if absolutely necessary.

I'm looking for £200 - postage extra

What Charvel's marketing department said:

"The Desolation Skatecaster SK-3 ST is a modernized take on the highly distinctive Charvel Surfcaster of the early 1990s, with a solid mahogany body and bolt-on mahogany neck. Features include a compound radius (12”-16”) rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid “keystone” inlays, pearloid body and headstock binding, dual Charvel passive humbucking pickups with three-way toggle switching, single control knob (volume), Charvel bridge specially designed for compound-radius fingerboards, black nickel hardware, three-on-a-side locking Charvel tuners, and solid and trans finishes (flame maple veneer on trans finishes). Available in Flat Black, Flat Gray and Trans Red."

Specifications

• Body: Flame Maple Veneered Mahogany
  • Number of Frets: 24
  • Fret Size: Jumbo
  • Position Inlays: Dot
  • Fretboard Radius: 16" (406.4 mm)
  • Neck Material: 1-Piece Bolt-On Mahogany
  • Neck Finish: Oiled
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
  • (590) Transparent Red
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Pickup Configuration: HH
  • Bridge Pickup: Passive Desolation™ Humbucking
  • Neck Pickup: Passive Desolation™ Humbucking
  • Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1.Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck
  • Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
  • Hardware: Black Nickel
  • Bridge: Charvel® Stop Tail
  • String Nut: Plastic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments