Attenuator recommendation

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    Dominic said:
    Dr Z brakelite worked well for me and very affordable
    I agree they work well enough - with some amps - but I certainly wouldn't call them affordable. In my opinion they're extremely overpriced for what they are - they're over £200 for something that at best is rated for 45W and doesn't even have a proper enclosure.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    ICBM said:
    Dominic said:
    Dr Z brakelite worked well for me and very affordable
    I agree they work well enough - with some amps - but I certainly wouldn't call them affordable. In my opinion they're extremely overpriced for what they are - they're over £200 for something that at best is rated for 45W and doesn't even have a proper enclosure.

An hour and a half.
    What took you so long?
     :) 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Does anyone know for certain what a Cornell Romany uses to provide the 4 power settings?(Google gives plenty of guesses but couldn't find someone with evidence).
  • A vote for the Dr Z Brake Lite here. Found it to be very transparent, no noticeable tone suck at all!
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    I use a TAD Silencer I bought from @CloudNine and it works really well for me. It steps down in 2 db increments until -16 db when a rotary control comes into circuit and can attenuate to 0.  It is only when you attenuate to very low volumes that tone is affected but there are cut and punch switched to alleviate that.

• dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    I've used a Dr Z Brake Lite with great results.
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Chalky said:
    Does anyone know for certain what a Cornell Romany uses to provide the 4 power settings?(Google gives plenty of guesses but couldn't find someone with evidence).
    I believe it steps down the voltage on the power valves - that was the impression I got speaking to Dennis about it a year or so back 
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    I have a spare Weber Minimass 50w if you're interested in it.  It's the same version as that in the link below.  I used it with my DRRi and liked it.  I have replaced it with different Weber attenuator as I wanted to try it out, hence selling the old one.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/ForSale/acapella-79/1914172- ;