California Artist Guitars - Any advice?

What's Hot
RebarRebar Frets: 138
I have come across a few instruments by California Artist Guitars online in the past (mainly strat and tele copies), but haven't had a chance to actually play one. From what I can find, they are made in the UK. I wondered if anyone here has had experience of actually owning one and if they would recommend one over, say, a real Fender?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• migglesmiggles Frets: 4
    Hello Rebar, I am that man...California Artist Guitars, you can find me and what others say about my guitars on FB ..I have an ethos on my builds and they cant be compared to Fender..my guitars are hand made with all hand made parts and pickups etc ..not a faceless factory generic instrument...I dont build copies as such my specs are far beyond Fender but I do love the strat and tele shapes so use them as a starting point...
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    IIRC @skaguitar ; has/ had one ( I think there's  a skacaster on your Facebook @miggles that's his). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    miggles said:
    Hello Rebar, I am that man...California Artist Guitars, you can find me and what others say about my guitars on FB ..I have an ethos on my builds and they cant be compared to Fender..my guitars are hand made with all hand made parts and pickups etc ..not a faceless factory generic instrument...I dont build copies as such my specs are far beyond Fender but I do love the strat and tele shapes so use them as a starting point...
    Best response to a thread ever.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • migglesmiggles Frets: 4
    The guitar Eric is refering to is the SKA RAT
  • JGCJGC Frets: 157
    brilliant guitars, don't hesitate