Powering Dunlop Echoplex Delay via something like the T Rex Fuel Tank JR

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
For my 40th in a few weeks I'm going to treat myself to a Dunlop Echoplex Delay. Going by the manual this pedal requires 240mA to work.... my Burkey Six Jr pedal power only gives 100mA on each 9 volt outlet so I'm a little limited to what I can have on my board.

I'm thinking of getting another small cheapish power supply to fit under my PT... something like a used fueltank jr or Voodoo Lab ISO 5?
 If I went for the fueltank Jr couldn't I just use the T Rex current doubling cable to convert two 9volt/120mA outlets to 240mA... would this work?
I'm a little worried the Echoplex would require more current draw so maybe the VL ISO 5 would be the better option as it has the 9volt/400mA outlet option. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I run mine from a Cioks DC5 using one of the high current outs - might be a better bet that the VL.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Yep! I Like the look of the Cioks DC5 slimmer unit than the VL... a quick question re echoplex when the delay is engaged does it use the echoplex preamp? and how are you finding it?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Yep! I Like the look of the Cioks DC5 slimmer unit than the VL... a quick question re echoplex when the delay is engaged does it use the echoplex preamp? and how are you finding it?
    I don't think so, the preamp is available as a separate pedal. As far as the Echoplex goes, I like it a lot - very inspiring.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    With the y cable to connect it to 2 outlets on the power supply it can work, not done it myself but as long as the mA matches on the outlet then I don't see a problem.
    The Voodoo Labs one might be a better bet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom