DOWNLOAD 2017

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
Hey all, did anyone catch Clutch at Download ? New song is freaking awesome, talks about having Hendrix and Bill hicks on the dollar Bills.

Also the Firebird Tim plays looks amazing, I just wonder if anyone knows if its a vintage model or not

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    Just been watching both sets of highlights on Sky. 

Exceptional performances from Aerosmith (not normally my thing at all) and Prophets Of Rage. 
    Slayer were good, Max and Igor smashed it and I love what Clutch do live.

The rest? I'd have been at the bar....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Is there anywhere to stream the sets if I don't have a sky subscription? Would love to see the Clutch, Rage and Mastodon sets.
  • System of a down were good. Biffy who I am not a fan of,Were stunning live.  Steel panther were funny,just the 80s monsters of rock brought back to life, some of the bands are not my thing as such, the more modern stuff I guess, I did see the cadillac three who were great. Tbh there were loads of great bands and then loads of bands that sound the same. 

Rob zombie I only saw a few songs but was good.
    I missed red fang. I was probably on that high fairground ride
    Clutch need to be on the bigger stage. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    My oldest son went to the whole thing, absolutely loved it. I was hoping that some of it might get shown on terrestrial TV but I guess not :(
  • I imagine at some point it will be on YouTube.  Also sky will probably split some headliners and put the full show on.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5018
    RobDavies said:

Exceptional performances from Aerosmith (not normally my thing at all) and Prophets Of Rage. 

Interesting. I've not seen it but lots of people said Aerosmith were poor.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    I've been watching the first episode and something I feel like I am just too old to understand the appeal of are bands with 'good cop, bad cop vocalists'. 

Looked like it was a great festival though.  
  • Yep the good cop bad cop bands are not for me either. Check out clutch on the second episode. 

Were Orange Goblin covered?
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4154
    Been watching most of the first episode this evening. Didn't like much of what I saw. My preferences tend to run to European bands - I like a lot of the Scandinavian groups. But here there seemed to be a heavy focus on American bands.  I don't know what the actual make-up of the festival was.

However I will say I loved Prophets of Rage. That was a really powerful song and performance. Not heard of them before, not normally my type of thing, but they were great. 

And I've always got time for Raining Blood. 

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Reverend said:
    RobDavies said:

A mate who was there did post on FB, "Aerosmith, that's enough of that shite", so didn't go down well with him at least........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Been watching most of the first episode this evening. Didn't like much of what I saw. My preferences tend to run to European bands - I like a lot of the Scandinavian groups. But here there seemed to be a heavy focus on American bands.  I don't know what the actual make-up of the festival was.

However I will say I loved Prophets of Rage. That was a really powerful song and performance. Not heard of them before, not normally my type of thing, but they were great. 

Prophets of rage were OK, but the rage against the machine songs need an angry vocal delivery, thought it was too laid back vocally, it needed Zak spitting the words out like the old days 
    mike_l said:
    Reverend said:
    RobDavies said:

A mate who was there did post on FB, "Aerosmith, that's enough of that shite", so didn't go down well with him at least........
    Maybe my expectations were so low that it just seemed like a decent performance.  Like I said, they're not my thing and I normally wouldn't bother with them at all... My best bud produced the Sky Shows and he pretty much said the same.  He also rated Biffy Clyro and his tastes are very similar to mine... although he ONLY likes metal. 

underdog said:

Prophets of rage were OK, but the rage against the machine songs need an angry vocal delivery, thought it was too laid back vocally, it needed Zak spitting the words out like the old days 
    Chuck D is still pretty angry about stuff.   Tom Morell is still an amazingly unique talent, too. 
    Not sure about B Real's input though.... 
  • I guess I like the more stoner rock stuff. Red fang. Clutch etc. Prophets wereally really good watching morello close up was amazing. He uses techniques that sound really intriguing but never seems to be really pushing or struggling. Quite laid back for such a big sound. Also not a heavy guitar sound really

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    RobDavies said:

underdog said:

Chuck D is still pretty angry about stuff.   Tom Morell is still an amazingly unique talent, too. 
    Not sure about B Real's input though.... 

Oh aye I'm not disputing Chuck D at all, but rage songs had that effect that Zak was spitting those lyrics down your throat, it was pure anger, think that was missing, it wouldn't be an issue on new music that doesn't have Zak on it in my head.
    I always thought Chuck was a level or two up  from Zakk. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited June 2017
    Zakk D L Rocha sounds like exactly what he is, which is a punk/hardcore vocalist who's rapping, but without the rythmic flow and 'sophistication'/nuance, if you want to call it that of people from more a traditional hip hop background.It sounds awesome, and fits RATM perfectly.  Chuck D on the other hand is, in my opinion at least, one of the best rappers who ever lived - phenomenal in every sense - the 1st 3 Public Enemy albums alone should be required listneing for anyone who wants to know about hip hop. He could rap over any styleof music and it would sound good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    I'm liking the band with either front tbh.
  • Zakk with rage doing unfuck the world would be 100 percent more intense