Crop circles - I miss them

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946

Why did the aliens lose interest in landing in English wheat fields in summer? Or was it toffs with scaffolding boards and ropes? :-) 

I miss crop circles, a curiosity from a different time, from a happier Britain perhaps.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    Same here nobody is abducted anymore crops circles gone I feel alone in the universe.

just been watching the Spielberg mini series from years ago Taken as nothing else much to watch and was think exactly the same all the abductees its all gone or very old news these days.

lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sorry, I've been busy recently and then new car won't take a roof rack for the planks.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

The hippy student who started the craze has since graduated and has a nice desk job with a city insurance company.

"Take me to your Realtor"!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    The aliens stopped bothering - the plan worked.

The first one was caused by a scout ship with a main anti-gravity drive malfunction making an emergency landing in a cornfield. Although the drive was successfully repaired and the ship took off again, it left a tell-tale pattern. During his court-martial for breaching the strict regulations on revealing the presence of aliens to the Earth People, the commanding officer came up with a brilliant idea to avoid permanent exile… he volunteered to return to Earth and teach some of the natives to make more crop circles using planks and ropes. At first they made one that were a bit like the landing footprint of a scout ship - but after a while he encouraged them to make more and more outlandish and eventually humourous designs. The Earth People finally realised it was just a bunch of hippies having a laugh, and they forgot all about the first one.

The commander has now returned to active service with a promotion, and fleet standing orders now forbid landing in cornfields under any circumstances, even at the risk of loss of the ship.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Theresa kept running through them.  She stopped when she got older I guess
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Sorry, I've been busy recently and then new car won't take a roof rack for the planks.
    So you're a Toff then? I had you down as a Chav

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Brexit ... they don't feel welcome ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

If customs had to give them the rubber glove treatment, which part would they actually aim for? :(
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28522
    edited June 2017
    Gah, not this nonsense. It obviously wasn't aliens.

It was experimental USAF projects using ball lightning and quantum vortices as propulsion systems. They thought they could exploit zero point energy for aircraft but it interfered with ley lines (which turned out to be zero point foam cell boundaries) creating the geometric patterns in crops.

The USAF abandoned the idea after a few embarrassing issues (temporary point-source inverse gravitational fields centred on cattle being one) so we don't see the patterns any more.

Obvs.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Simpler than that.  It was just a stunt to sell Led Zep compilations.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    I wonder what Doug Bower and Dave Chorley are up to these days?

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Sporky said:
    Gah, not this nonsense. It obviously wasn't aliens.

It was experimental USAF projects using ball lightning and quantum vortices as propulsion systems. They thought they could exploit zero point energy for aircraft but it interfered with ley lines (which turned out to be zero point foam cell boundaries) creating the geometric patterns in crops.

The USAF abandoned the idea after a few embarrassing issues (temporary point-source inverse gravitational fields centred on cattle being one) so we don't see the patterns any more.

Obvs.
    I remember that documentary.

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    So you're a Toff then? I had you down as a Chav
    I'm neither. I'm more like a Choff.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Well, after I was abducted the aliens gave up their search for intelligent life on Earth and went somewhere else.

My bum still hurts :(

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Fretwired said:
    You're right, I read that in the Daily Mail too.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    When I think "crop circles" I think "Led Zeppelin - Remasters", and then I think about how I don't really like Led Zeppelin.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    When I think "crop circles" I think "Led Zeppelin - Remasters", and then I think about how I don't really like Led Zeppelin.
    lol your user name is fields and we're talking about crop circles which appear in fields!!!!!!!!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    joeyowen said:
    Theresa kept running through them.  She stopped when she got older I guess

The Aliens stopped when they saw Theresa running through them. Naked.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    edited June 2017
    I remember having a particularly sloppy pair of compasses I used in maths at school. 

Using them, I drew crap circles....
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    There are already enough of them among us so they dont need to land anymore.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ