Kerbal Space Program

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7508
Scott Manley's been at it again

If you have even *dabbled* in this game you'll know how impressive this is. Wonder how many failed missions it took to get the design and orbital mechanics right.

for anyone interested in the game Scott's beginner tutorials are the perfect way to start. 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    I love this game. It's both educational and incredibly fun.

I did get a little sad when one of my Kerbals got marooned in outer space, and I couldn't afford to build a rescue ship.

RIP Jebediah.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7508
    I need to get back into it. I never quite nailed Mun and back so got a bit peed off and stopped playing lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Years ago I dabbled with the free demo (not tried the real game.)

Great fun. Most of my time was spent just trying to build the biggest thing that I could get airborne.  (A bit like the vid, though I never managed anything with that many layers!

• SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    I had a go with it.

Within a few seconds I'd successfully destroyed the base. Still don't know how that happened exactly.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    TimmyO said:
    I need to get back into it. I never quite nailed Mun and back so got a bit peed off and stopped playing lol 
    I managed to land on Mun (many Kerbals died in previous attempts) but I could never make a ship that could carry the fuel required to get back.

I'm going to play it when I get back tonight.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7508
    Bidley said:
    TimmyO said:
    I managed to land on Mun (many Kerbals died in previous attempts) but I could never make a ship that could carry the fuel required to get back.

I'm going to play it when I get back tonight.
    I'm pretty sure that Scott Manley has a tutorial you can basically follow along with - it's cheating obviously but probably worth it for the educational value.

Closest I got was fucking up the re-entry and either dying a fiery death in the atmosphere or (once) setting my parachutes on fire so poor old Jebediah had about 5 minutes of knowing he was falling to his death lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Sporky said:
    I had a go with it.

Within a few seconds I'd successfully destroyed the base. Still don't know how that happened exactly.
    You won, @Sporky , that's what happened.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    Yay me!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."