Invoices

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    If the band is not your main line of business, then HMRC will allow you to make profit - up to a point - without paying tax.  The proviso is that it is not the same line of work as your day job.  For instance, as a garage owner I can play in a band and make something like £3k per year without paying tax (in my dreams...) but if I decide to buy and sell a few cars at weekends then it gets lumped in with my main income.  Bearing in mind my last paid gig was in 1981 I think I'm gonna be ok.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410
    You can earn £11,500 a year from gig'ing without paying tax ............just as long as you don't do anything else :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    uncledick said:
    If the band is not your main line of business, then HMRC will allow you to make profit - up to a point - without paying tax.  The proviso is that it is not the same line of work as your day job.  For instance, as a garage owner I can play in a band and make something like £3k per year without paying tax (in my dreams...) but if I decide to buy and sell a few cars at weekends then it gets lumped in with my main income.  Bearing in mind my last paid gig was in 1981 I think I'm gonna be ok.
    The allowance is £1000 which I think covers most of us on this forum!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom