Tracking someone down....who can help?

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
edited June 2017 in Off Topic
I know there are some talented people here who can track down lots of online info on individuals that us mere mortals wouldn't have a clue to check.

We have the local council trying to get us to pay the council tax on a place we rented 5years ago which was actually included in the rent. The letting agent has been great and has offered a statement and the old adverts etc to say the CT was included in the rent, but annoyingly it's not in the main tenancy agreement, so doubt that will fly with the council. He recently sold his properties and moved on (hence its come to light I guess). I suspect he's playing silly beggers, but want to call / email him to give him the benefit of doubt before I pay it and then have to chase him for the money. I have found his daughter's business, but would ideally like to find him directly so I can get read receipts etc. All I have is a name and previous address. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Could try here is you know the guys age and name - you have to pay for the advanced stuff where you can check previous addresses. The data is based on the electoral register.

http://www.192.com/people/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**People Finder-Exact&utm_term=find a person&utm_content=find a person

If you know the daughter how about Facebook? Have you searched for him?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Fretwired said:

If you know the daughter how about Facebook? Have you searched for him?

It was father's day recently, if her profile is public she might well have tagged him in a post
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Thanks guys - I've had a good trawl on Facebook. He doesn't seem active on there. Same with LinkedIn and Twitter - there are accounts that may be him, but no photo and seem pretty dormant.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    pay a visit to your local Citizens Advice
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

> Find daughter's business social media pages (facebook/Instagram) in order to:
    > Find daughter's social media pages - look through likes against her posts, photo tags, friends list etc to:
    > Find dad's social media pages. Use this to find place of work, regular hangouts etc, car reg info. Then it's down to old-fashioned Googling and possible footwork to find his current address.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2105
    edited June 2017
    If he has other businesses, Companycheck or companies house is worth a try as they often give the address of directors etc..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Check his daughter's business on Companies House to see if her dad was ever involved as a secretary or something like that in her business.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24395
    Use an enquiry agent.

i recommended either Longmere or Beaumont.

Very good companies. Will often do a no find, no fee arrangement too.
    Checked all that - he is on Companieshouse, but is 'resigned' on both postitions. registered to his former address. I've contacted the daughter who has said she'll pass my number on. Sadly lost the element of surprise, but will prove if he's trying it on or if he's decent. I'm sure he is local, so the council will likely know exactly where he now lives, but they aren't interested in chasing him down on our say so.  
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Try 192.com .. if he's local you'll find him quite easily.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24395
    Parker said:
    Checked all that - he is on Companieshouse, but is 'resigned' on both postitions. registered to his former address. I've contacted the daughter who has said she'll pass my number on. Sadly lost the element of surprise, but will prove if he's trying it on or if he's decent. I'm sure he is local, so the council will likely know exactly where he now lives, but they aren't interested in chasing him down on our say so.  
    Not only that, it's probably against the DPA to tell you where he is.

So use an agent.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3500
    Ask his daughter to get a message to him, In all fairness you have no proof that the tax should have been paid, he obviously hasn't been paying the tax, have you seen a solicitor? I would tread carefully, some people don't want to be found and this could very easily turn against you.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    To whom did you make payments? The landlord or the agent?
    Its hopefully been resolved - found the section in the Tenancy Agreement where it's covered. Sent to Council, so hopefully they'll accept that and it'll be the end of it. Thanks all.