How Musical is your Family?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    BigMoney said:
    boogieman said:
    Okay, this has raised my curiosity - the OP has asked the same question ( word for word) on TDPRI ( I thought I'd check TGP as well but can't get that to work for some reason)but on there he originates from Canada and on here England.
    If it's trolling or spamming it's a very mild form and it seems a perfectly valid question for music forums but it also seems a little bit odd. @BigMoney  :grey_question: 
    Does the profile have a default setting to England if you don't change it? 
    Possibly. If you look at his introduce yourself thread, he does says he's in Canada. 
    Okay, I'll call my interest satiated then :smile: 
    haha. A very mild form of spamming/trolling. It's true. I did make this post on TDPRI as well. I don't think of myself as spamming though. I'm involved in a few forums presently and I'm just trying to engage with the members. Why not use the same topics? Unless I'm plagiarizing myself lmao. I'm surprised somebody noticed. @EricTheWeary if you'd like more explanation feel free to message me.

Yes I am from Canada. Maybe I can find a way to remove England. Then again I don't think it's a big deal. Cheers fellas
    No, it's fine :smile: I posted my reply on here then went on TDPRI and the first post up was the same question word for word which was surprising and with new posters that kind of thing can suggest something is amiss.

There are some things TDPRI is very good at and there are a few people on here also on there but it's very 'safe' and that gets a bit dull, still a lot friendlier than TGP though. Anyway, welcome to Britain's top forum for swearing about guitar stuff :grin: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    My mum was inspirational. She has a baby grand piano and can sight read anything. Me my bro and sis all had piano lessons, but it was only me that really ran with it.

My oldest son (21) has electric guitar skills but he never really plays any more, too lazy. My oldest daughter is very musical (16) and plays Piano, flute, and any other instrument she can get her hands on (apart from guitar)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339

Okay, this has raised my curiosity - the OP has asked the same question ( word for word) on TDPRI ( I thought I'd check TGP as well but can't get that to work for some reason)but on there he originates from Canada and on here England.
    If it's trolling or spamming it's a very mild form and it seems a perfectly valid question for music forums but it also seems a little bit odd. @BigMoney  :grey_question: 
    So what? Really, so what?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I live next door to the Von Trapps... They have some lovely goats and kittens...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Snap said:

That is excellent!
    It is isn't it? They play all over the place. I know they've done a slot at the Superbowl, and functions at the White House. We are going over in August, and on the last night of our stop, we are going to see the band at Ryles in Boston, which will be great. Thing is, I always end up bawling when he plays! So no doubt I will be there a bit pissed with tears rolling down my cheeks!!

I know I am a bit biased, but he's one of the most awesome pianists I've seen. Genuinely draw dropping when he's in full flight.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    Arktik83 said:
    My dad and my uncle/cousins are the reason I picked up the guitar.  My dad used to play in bands/pubs but since he's been sober he doesn't really anymore.  My uncle played in a little duo until he passed away some 15 years ago.  

One of my cousins is the guitarist in a band Art Brut and my other cousin was the lead singer in Stiltskin and had a number 1 with the song "Inside" and did joined Genesis in the late 90's/early 2000's and did an album called "Calling all stations" 

So I guess quite musical?  Nobody on my mums side plays any instrument.
    I worked for Levi's when "Inside" was used in their advertising.

We got loads of people coming into the shop to ask to buy it. Wasn't even on sale as a single when the advert hit the telly.

Cracking song!
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I have a few musicians on my Dad's side of the family, a Guitarist/Drummer, and another Drummer.

My Mum's family doesn't really have anyone, but her Uncle was in a sort of marching band.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    My Mum was a regular at Eel Pie Island, and was a huge Beatles fan. She got caught bunking school because when went to wee the Beatles Land at Heathrow after the first trip to the States and my Gran saw here on the news. When I was very young she was babysitting Keith Relf's kids. 
    My step dad was a huge classical music fan and I inherited his LPs. Yardbirds = Wagner? No surprise I'm a heavy metal fan. He only ever went to one "pop" concert and that was Zappa at the RAH. He hated it and only went because his flatmates went. And they were terrorists. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4643
    Reverend said:
    My Mum was a regular at Eel Pie Island, and was a huge Beatles fan. She got caught bunking school because when went to wee the Beatles Land at Heathrow after the first trip to the States and my Gran saw here on the news. When I was very young she was babysitting Keith Relf's kids. 
    My step dad was a huge classical music fan and I inherited his LPs. Yardbirds = Wagner? No surprise I'm a heavy metal fan. He only ever went to one "pop" concert and that was Zappa at the RAH. He hated it and only went because his flatmates went. And they were terrorists. 
    My middle name "Siegfried" was given to me as my dad was a massive Wagner fan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Reverend said:
    My middle name "Siegfried" was given to me as my dad was a massive Wagner fan.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/UIWMq
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    My sister is an incredible singer, kind of sounds like Alison Moyet. Her and her fella do rootsy blues and soul jam nights here and there. She was in an indie band when she was about 17. She sings the odd song with my covers band from time to time too. Puts me to shame.

Dad's cousin was in some 70s band that nearly made it and my mum's cousin was married to a member of Showaddywaddy.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Reverend said:
    I forgot to mention, said step dad was also a camera man on the original Top Of The Pops and Dr Who.
  • BigMoneyBigMoney Frets: 7
    BigMoney said:
    boogieman said:
    Possibly. If you look at his introduce yourself thread, he does says he's in Canada. 
    haha. A very mild form of spamming/trolling. It's true. I did make this post on TDPRI as well. I don't think of myself as spamming though. I'm involved in a few forums presently and I'm just trying to engage with the members. Why not use the same topics? Unless I'm plagiarizing myself lmao. I'm surprised somebody noticed. @EricTheWeary if you'd like more explanation feel free to message me.

Yes I am from Canada. Maybe I can find a way to remove England. Then again I don't think it's a big deal. Cheers fellas
    No, it's fine :smile: I posted my reply on here then went on TDPRI and the first post up was the same question word for word which was surprising and with new posters that kind of thing can suggest something is amiss.

There are some things TDPRI is very good at and there are a few people on here also on there but it's very 'safe' and that gets a bit dull, still a lot friendlier than TGP though. Anyway, welcome to Britain's top forum for swearing about guitar stuff :grin: 
    I love swearing! Also half the reason I wanted to quote this was to see how dark I could get the area in the middle
    The 3 elements of western music are: melody, harmony, and rhythm. In my fingerstyle arrangements, I play them all at once. Check them out here
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    BigMoney said:
    BigMoney said:
    boogieman said:

I love swearing! Also half the reason I wanted to quote this was to see how dark I could get the area in the middle
    It does keep getting darker.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.