Home Air Con

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    I've got a Dyson Tower, it's a fan (+heater) - does what a fan does in this heat. It has oscillation and has multiple speeds.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Thanks all. I shall investigate further.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3288
    edited June 2017
    well I am very happy with the AM06, I thought £159.99 (Dyson eBay Outlet) was a huge price to pay for a fan, and in fairness it is, but it is pretty darn good.  Max power(10) is obviously it loudest but it is noticeable but not intrusive at all, 5 and I can't hear a thing.. 8 is currently the setting I am liking. it is 28 degrees in the house, fan is 3 meters away and as the fan passes by me you feel it but not overpowering(10 is). What is noticeable is when you turn it off as minutes later you are clamming up..

I like the colour I chose too, it made sense to me to have blue for cool.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Gone cool now...result !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I have a Dyson AM06 out for delivery today, it's only a fan but meant to be good and important for me, quiet. 

Will report back back when I have tested it.

Quiet, they are. They also move a pretty reasonable volume of air and are very easy to dust.

They're also quite attractive. 

Whether it's "worth it" is up to the buyer. My parents got a taller tower type one which can also heat the air (in case the heating fails in winter, we need to keep nan warm) and the big round desk fan. That is bloody quiet until it gets beyond 5 or 6 and by then it's moving quite a bit of air. The tower fan is noisier, but more capable with the heating and can either beam the air out or it can fan it more broadly. Great for having one fan circulate air around a larger room. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @strumjoughlamps thanks mate, that's interesting. I hope you're well.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited June 2017
    well I am very happy with the AM06, I thought £159.99 (Dyson eBay Outlet) was a huge price to pay for a fan, and in fairness it is, but it is pretty darn good.  Max power(10) is obviously it loudest but it is noticeable but not intrusive at all, 5 and I can't hear a thing.. 8 is currently the setting I am liking. it is 28 degrees in the house, fan is 3 meters away and as the fan passes by me you feel it but not overpowering(10 is). What is noticeable is when you turn it off as minutes later you are clamming up..

I like the colour I chose too, it made sense to me to have blue for cool.

Good buy. We don't own a fan but if I was going to get one it would be one of these. The NHs use them. Not only are they much more effective than blade fans I assume they don't harbour dirt and dust which is important in hospitals.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom