BBC survey says Male Rock acts headline more than Pop or Women

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    Dopesick said:
    It just looks like they're trying to analyse something that does not need to be analysed.
    I think it's far more likely that they started off with a vague conclusion, and wrote an article to justify it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9747
    Sort of seems like they are making a fuss about nothing really, there are plenty of actual areas where this sort of inequality need to be challenged but in my view this ain't one of them. Most of the models and stalls at the Clothes Show are female, most of the exhibitors at model railway shows are male, doesn't mean either of those things are a problem it's just their target audience surely
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    I suspect they have a bunch of these sort of articles created just to fill out a slow news day. It seems the news is planned these days rather than reporting what has happened. "Later todat the chancellor will anounce...", th enews anchor did say a few days back "We are bringing you a changed programe reporting on a fire in London" How can news be changed if you aren't pre planning it days before?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    As I decided never to visit another open air festival many years ago, I really couldn't give a shit who stands on a stage these days. But it seems to me that whichever BBC lamebrain dreamt up this one, is basically climbing on some kind of half-arsed diversity bandwagon, which no-one is remotely interested in.

As it happens, while I was at the Ford Dunton thing last week, there was a bunch of girls on stage that I thought were very good, a la Little Mix. In fact, I'd say they were the best of the lot. And that's not remotely ny kind of thing.

So stick it where the sun don't shine, BBC.

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Pop and rock are two different genres. To flip the story on it's head ( cheekily :lol: ) Cannibal Corpse haven't opened for Beyonce or Rhianna either ;)

I suspect it's a lot to do with reliability though. Pop, IMHO, is well known for its high turnover of acts, so it's probably to see those acts on stadium tours, whereas the line up for Glasto has more established acts.

A huge fuss over nothing methinks ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Massively out of favour types of music? 

Top grossing act live in Madrid since I've been here

Rolling stones, AC/DC,  Springsteen, Guns and Roses and Justin Bieber. So out of 5 50,000 plus crowds only one was pop. Article written by moron living in a bubble 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22163
    edited June 2017
    An article whining about a lack of diversity at music festivals is like whining that there's not enough shoegazing at the Notting Hill festival.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    An article whining about a lack of diversity at music festivals is like whining that there's not enough shoegazing at the Notting Hill festival.

Especially when looking at the pop charts reveals homogeneity that we've never seen since the Third Reich!!
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22163
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Especially when looking at the pop charts reveals homogeneity that we've never seen since the Third Reich!!
    Looking at local news broadcasts from Glastonbury, the audience there is a lot more homogenous than the charts are now.