Lond'n

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9687
On the M23 spur from Gatwick to the M23 is a road sign showing the way to Lond'n. I can't for the life of me think why anybody would think that the apostrophe was a good idea.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    HAL9000 said:
    On the M23 spur from Gatwick to the M23 is a road sign showing the way to Lond'n. I can't for the life of me think why anybody would think that the apostrophe was a good idea.
    Its fur the hip hop boyz innit ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Presumably it's short for

"London and other places where the property is overpriced, the beer is expensive, the girls are posh and you'll leave a lot poorer than when you arrived, but the nightlife is quite fun"

Either that or or it's Londfuckin'un
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

There's village near Reigate called Londry-Farningham-Waterywithin. That's what it's pointing to.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Fretwired said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Its fur the hip hop boyz innit ...

Fo' shizzle.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited June 2017
    It's short for "London Town".  Highwayman Dick Turpin lived on the flightpath of Gatwick Airport.

Legend has it that on the way home, he used to spend his "winnings" in DFS in Croydon.  I thought that was an urban myth but there's an oil painting of him in there sat on a recliner with Ranjit, the Duty Manager.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28428
    It's short for "London Town".  Highwayman Dick Turpin on the flightpath of Gatwick Airport.

Legend has it that on the way home, he used to spend his "winnings" in DFS in Croydon.  I thought that was an urban myth but there's an oil painting of him in there sat on a recliner with Ranjit, the Duty Manager.
    This is one of the best things I have ever read on the inferweb. Fair brightened my day (and it wasn't very dingy to begin with).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6085
    It's for any Romans that got lost in AD44
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24404
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    On the M6 there's a turn off for Birmingham marked as B'ham. My old satnav used to say "take the next left towards bam."