My knee is knackered (with video)

jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12430
12 years ago had an op for completely snapped anterior crusciate ligament. Its never been very strong since with the occasional
pain and crunching, yesterday i cycled to work which has a pretty brutal uphill climb as its in the High peak area. Got to work, walked down the corridor and it popped and I nearlly fell to the floor with the pain got home a few hrs later and it had swollen lie a balloon, here's a recording (turn it up loud for maximum crunch/squelch effect) have to face up to the fact that it is now fully arthritic (common after 10+ yrs of having the op). I've had to give up Karate a couple of yrs ago and can't even think about kicking a football. Don't know what it will be like in another 10yrs, probably a knee replacement :'(

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4049
    edited June 2017
    EDIT - sorry Jonny -- I initially jotted down some thoughts but on reflection, they may have appeared obtuse -- absolutely not the intention btw -- the intention was to reassure.
    But the end thought was probably valid:  a good physio should be able to help with the mechanics and more.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12430
    Thanks mate, will look into getting referred to a physio. My dad has 2 steel knees and his body is wracked with arthritis so probably some hereditary weakness there to go with the hereditary large balding head. Cheers dad!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    My right ankle makes similarly unpleasant noises :open_mouth: 

I had a metal plate put in my lower right leg ( attached to the ankle ) and that's where my arthritis started too. My mum, and hers, were riddled with arthritic pain so there's plenty more to come.

My Dr suggested plenty of gentle stretching and low impact exercise, which helps a lot as long as I don't overdo it.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I hope it gets better. I worry about my knees, my left one gets a bit stiff and swollen, and the right one is a bit crunchy. 

How did you snap the ligament?
    My V key is broken