SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Cornell Romany Plus 12”

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4162
edited May 2018 in Amps £
Looking to sell/trade my Romany Plus (12", reverb, 4-power model) for a Plexi 7 12" model. Might consider alternative Marshall-esque offerings, but I'm pretty keen on the Plexi's specs. A Vox AC15HW1 could tempt me too.

I'm based in London - meetup would be preferred, but happy to work out a postage deal too.

Sale price £550 + post  SOLD to @mcsdan ;;

https://i.imgur.com/myxkal3.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 884
    Denis Cornell is currently building me a custom amp to partner with the 10" Plexi 7 I bought here on the forum. The new one has an effects loop so I can have a wet-dry setup. 

The reason I mention this is that I couldn't live without my Plexi 7, but they're sufficiently compact that my way forward is a multi-amp setup. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4162
    To be fair I would consider the 10" model, but I'd also like to carry on pretending that I might gig it one day, and at that point I'd want the 12" anyway! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump! Back up for sale / trade
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 859
    edited May 2018
    Is this a loud 10watts?
    I currently gig a Blues Jr with volume on 4 and master about 5. Gives a reasonably clean/edge of break up that when I hit it with a boost gets a bit driven (nothing heavy, Setzer/Higham levels of drive with a Telecaster).
    Thanks
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
    Bump . . . Wish Id kept mine :-(
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    That's a lot of amp for the money.  So many classic tones from such a simple device and superb build quality. I'd love a Plexi 7 too but wouldn't swap my Romany Pro for it.  
    Is this a loud 10watts?
    I currently gig a Blues Jr with volume on 4 and master about 5. Gives a reasonably clean/edge of break up that when I hit it with a boost gets a bit driven (nothing heavy, Setzer/Higham levels of drive with a Telecaster).
    Thanks
    I wouldn’t say it would be massively louder (volume to wattage is logarithmic, not linear, or some such) but it should be a few db more than the blues jumior I guess? Speaker sensitivity would play a big part too. I’ve only had a couple of chances to play it with a band but it kept up well with a drummer, bass, and another guitarist, that said - we weren’t playing clean at all.

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    I’ll take it. Will pm you to discuss collection etc.  
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    @guitargeek62 ; sent you a pm :)
    edited May 2018
    On hold

*edit* SOLD! :)