Just Joined

What's Hot
Hi to all. Just registered with the forum today although I've been anonymously stalking you 'making & modding' guys for months.
I have a couple of projects to get into but as a total newbie I have zero experience and am looking for some guidance from the site. For my part, I hope to contribute in anyway I can - pictures, work diary, examples of idiocy, etc.
I'm at the stage of disassembly of an old Antoria LP Custom copy (old law suit version) and getting some tools together etc. One of the first jobs I have is a spot of fret levelling. I have a levelling beam but have no idea where to get a roll of self adhesive sandpaper. I've scoured the internet  - the only supplier I can see is Tone Tech but they're out of stock - 320 grit. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
thanks in advance for your help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    How about double sided tape? Just be careful not to get creases in it. There's also spray glue, although I've never used it.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    Yeah, I tend to use double sided tape.  Although some brands can be difficult to remove and need help from some thinners.  
  • BillyK57BillyK57 Frets: 11
    Thanks for the quick advice. Do you guys use rolls or sheets ? For sheets I was concerned about the length needed and consequent 'joints' in the sandpaper. 
  • TimberGTimberG Frets: 50
    Have you tried the masking tape and super glue trick, whereby you apply masking tape to the back of the abrasive sheet and the face of your levelling beam, burnish it down and then apply down the length of the beam and then sick them together. Removing is simple and you get no/virtually no residue left
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    TimberG said:
    Have you tried the masking tape and super glue trick, whereby you apply masking tape to the back of the abrasive sheet and the face of your levelling beam, burnish it down and then apply down the length of the beam and then sick them together. Removing is simple and you get no/virtually no residue left

This!
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    Technofret will see you right, I use their 19" beam with these sandpaper strips
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181149921274
  • BillyK57BillyK57 Frets: 11
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Sarge - thanks, I'll buy some strips from Technofret. Will post again when I get this Antoria sorted.